What would be your dream press

Solaction

What would be the best single stage press out there for your loading bench. Say loading 223 all the way up to the 338 edge. I'm talking no play, every time you pull the handle it seats a bullet the same as the last one.

I use an RCBS Rock Chucker IV Supreme. Relatively inexpensive, but very strong and has been very consistent for me. No complaints here.

I am very happy with my co-ax

looking at the Co-ax how it's engineered; it's still not perfect, but getting there. Two guide rods are OK for everything in the three to nine o-clock range. Are fair at best for the six to twelve o-clock torque thrust. A third guide rod would fix this for good. But not four rods! This would pretty much assure the end user that the guide rod bores would never wear out. The links need to be about 100% wider, and have needle bearings in them. The arm design needs to be reconfigured to use Torrington cam followers with and adjustable stop (both sides) to further keep the ram square.

I would redesign the press for more travel. Plus I would sell it with top configured to use a 1.250" diameter die as an option. I would also make the lock ring with a larger O.D. to help spread the pressure.
gary

I wouldn't trade my Redding T7 turret for any other press I've seen. I did have to hone the main bushing a little to eliminate play but I really love this press. No more changing dies all the time, just rotate the turret. My second choice would be the Co-ax.

I use 2 presses to do my reloading for rifle cartridges. I use an RCBS RockChucker for my sizing press. From 222 Rem. to 338 WM. It works great. I still use a 1966 RCBS Jr. as my seating press. If I had to have only one press I would keep the RockChucker because of the power it has for FL sizing. It develops it power with the linkage so you don't have to have a heavy table to mount it on.

I have the CO-AX, Hornady Lock n Load, and are waiting on my LEE Classic Cast for Primer Pocket Swaging. I prefer my CO-AX above everything. But I hate switching the shell plates over to reload 223. So I got the Lock n Load for that....

My Hornady Lock n Load makes really good ammo but I would like to have a co ax someday.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.