What to do with short Brass?

HappyGVM

Hi everyone, I've been reloading for my 300 Wby (for hunting) and the trim to length for brass is 2.815 inches. Not sure how it happened with my RCBS "trim Pro Manual Case Trimmer" but I shaved too much brass of 10-12 of my cases. It isn't a lot, but they are 3-5 thousandths short. I understand that too long of a case will lead to pressure and potentially extraction issues, but are there any potential issues (other than a lack of uniformity) for "short cases"?
Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone, I've been reloading for my 300 Wby (for hunting) and the trim to length for brass is 2.815 inches. Not sure how it happened with my RCBS "trim Pro Manual Case Trimmer" but I shaved too much brass of 10-12 of my cases. It isn't a lot, but they are 3-5 thousandths short. I understand that too long of a case will lead to pressure and potentially extraction issues, but are there any potential issues (other than a lack of uniformity) for "short cases"?
Thanks for the help!
I have not trimmed brass for quite some time now. As others noted, it is more than likely within the tolerance. Check out the SAAMI spec, it might say, +/- .005" or something.

Hi QT, I'm down near Temple. Can you please reference what you are talking about (in terms of measuring chamber length) so I can research it. Thanks