What is LRH?

B. Sinclair

Hello, my name is Braxtyn. I'm a Midwest native and relocated to Charleston SC,. To be completely honest, I've never been Long Range Hunting before. I served in the Marine Corps, Coast Guard, local government, and now the community at large!

I'm doing a few projects with some family items ranging from old western hunting rifles, revolvers an old cattleman's knife (with a lot of character)!

I'm interested in learning more about the community forum and hearing some pass down wisdom!

So, what exactly is "Long Range Hunting"? Is there a delineation from standard hunting? Or is it from trained long distances?

I always enjoyed shooting while I was in the Marines. I'd like to get my son involved in something like that that we can go out and do together.

Anyways, thanks for allowing me in to check out the group! I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

🇺🇸💪🙏🏻✝️

Welcome to the forum. I don't think there is a set distance for long range hunting as it really depends on your level as an individual, what you are hunting, what you are hunting with, and where you are hunting. What may seem short to a rifle shooter might be quite far for a rimfire or specialty handgun, since it is all relative. I think it LRH is more about applying the principals of precision shooting to maximize one's efficacy as a humane hunter in a fun and challenging way.

Welcome from North Central Wyoming!

LRH…….it's a forum that specializes in the "specialized" sport of long range hunting, though it's not a site that is totally committed to shooting game at long ranges. Many of us would just as soon shoot ogame at "hair singeing" ranges.

But, many are very dedicated not only to developing themselves into the best long range marksmen they can be. They also have some of the finest custom rifles to help in that goal, some with custom or experimental cartridges. Many have the best of reloading equipment, range finders, wind speed meters. They learn to read mirage, how temperatures, barometric pressure, and angles affect long range bullet impacts.

Then many spend thousands of $ per year on components……some burning-out more barrels in a year than most of us in a lifetime. Some shoot groups at 1000 or more yards that many of us would post on our walls at home as an accomplishment……for them, that group would represent a bad day at the range.

That's just a sample of what is here! One of the beautiful things about this forum is the large number of people that are willing to offer their knowledge to the rest of us…. free for the taking.

I hope that you enjoy your time here, and share some of your hunting/shooting stories with us! memtb

PS: I can shoot very long distances……just can't hit squat! 😜

Welcome from Tennessee. As mentioned above LRH is defined by the individual and the type of instrument you use to hunt with. This forum has a significant number of members that have vast experience in the long range game. I'm not one of them. I'm here to learn and enjoy spending time with like minded people.

Hello, my name is Braxtyn. I'm a Midwest native and relocated to Charleston SC,. To be completely honest, I've never been Long Range Hunting before. I served in the Marine Corps, Coast Guard, local government, and now the community at large!

I'm doing a few projects with some family items ranging from old western hunting rifles, revolvers an old cattleman's knife (with a lot of character)!

I'm interested in learning more about the community forum and hearing some pass down wisdom!

So, what exactly is "Long Range Hunting"? Is there a delineation from standard hunting? Or is it from trained long distances?

I always enjoyed shooting while I was in the Marines. I'd like to get my son involved in something like that that we can go out and do together.

Anyways, thanks for allowing me in to check out the group! I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

🇺🇸💪🙏🏻✝️
From one vet to another, welcome to LRH and enjoy.

On this site, LRH/S is <1000 yards, and ELRH/S is >1000 yards.

Long range hunting; is where you shoot a animal further than member/s on the forum wants you too, and then everyone throws shade at you because it wasn't within spitting distance and/or with the equipment they would use. Regardless of the outcome.