What Else Would A Reloader NEED?

Listen, Wendy's spoons work fantastically well! However, I also have a few tricklers and dispensers that I use all the time.

1715467159543.png

Universal depriming die, tumbler, case lube. And a important but sometimes forgot tool called a small flashlight lol.
Is it wrong that I still do not have a universal depriming die? And as far as a tumbler goes, just shoot 'em dirty hahahaha

By the way, a small flashlight is an absolutely fantastic idea! Shooter's World sent me one in a swag bag with a bendy neck that I use almost everyday!

Is it wrong that I still do not have a universal depriming die? And as far as a tumbler goes, just shoot 'em dirty hahahaha

By the way, a small flashlight is an absolutely fantastic idea! Shooter's World sent me one in a swag bag with a bendy neck that I use almost everyday!
I don't have a universal decapping die either. Another one of those "nice but not essential" things.

Oh great, repurpose powder trickler thread!
35MM plastic film canister!
@Muddyboots to be honest with you I had no idea what in the world you were talking about. However, in this old reloading estate I purchased there were a lot of old 35mm film canisters. Most had misc bullets in them, one had grease, and a few were empty with round holes in the lid.

After your post, I searched the sight and saw the post about graphite and #9 shot for case neck. Wow, what else are they used for?

Old film canisters are perfect size for holding pulled bullets, small parts, virtually anything small on reloading bench. I use one now to hold graphite to dip bullet base for bullet seating. I shot 35MM film for years and wished I kept a few more for gizmo use on bench.

I think the progressive is a nice thing to have, but not really an essential. You have a great starting point for a new reloader. Obviously, a person can and probably will add and upgrade to their tools and components as they move deeper into the rabbit hole. The constant things I use that I started with are the RC press, calipers, shell holders, debur/chamfer tool, and trickler. Scales and trimmers have been upgraded, but are essential.