What 10X42 Binocular in $250 - $300 Range?

rolltide

I'm looking for suggestions for binos for a hunting buddy for Christmas. His wife doesn't want to go out of the price range and with the limited amount of time he gets to hunt, this is probably a good idea. She is not willing to go with used, so new will have to work.

I've looked online at the Leupold Cascade, the Nikon Monarch 3/5 and the Bushnell Legend Ultra. What are the other brands / models I should be looking at? Of those out there, what would you recommend?

He loves my Leica Geovids, but there is no way that is happening anytime soon for him.

Thanks for your help!

I have a set of Zen Rays ZRS HD that I bought several years ago that are significantly clearer than my buddies Leupolds. I really like them and they are well within your price range. Cant comment on their customer service as I have not needed them. I have owned Steiners and Nikons and I really like the ZRS HD Better.

Take a look at Sightron Blue Sky 8x32 or 10x32 from Opticsplanet.

The glass quality is awesome and very good price.
I compared to $500 Leupold WindRiver 10x42 and they are pretty close but way cheaper.

I looked at lots of less expensive binos and the Redfield Rebel 10 x 42's beat out alot of glass that was a bit more expensive. Great binos for the price!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.