What’s the farthest you have taken a big game animal with a rifle?

Best long range shot was a little wt deer stuck his neck out into an old trail. I was sitting on an old rotten stump with a borrowed 12 gauge. He was a little more than 90 degrees to me so had my check welded and knees braced. First and only deer I saw all week so I sent it with open sights. Terrible impact to my molars and his neck. 125 yards paced.
Woodchucks pretty far. Win M70 redfield .257 roberts. Way before rangefinders but I'd say a couple par fours... 700 yards+/-

Best long range shot was a little wt deer stuck his neck out into an old trail. I was sitting on an old rotten stump with a borrowed 12 gauge. He was a little more than 90 degrees to me so had my check welded and knees braced. First and only deer I saw all week so I sent it with open sights. Terrible impact to my molars and his neck. 125 yards paced.
Woodchucks pretty far. Win M70 redfield .257 roberts. Way before rangefinders but I'd say a couple par fours... 700 yards+/-
125 is a heck of a shot with a 12 gauge and opens.

Until August of 23, it was 90 yards! Unless you find some good clear cuts, the timber here in oregon keeps shots typically close range. In august I tagged a bear cross canyon at 350 ish with a 300 win shooting 180gr norma oryx, which worked phenomenally. But it felt like cheating. Prone off a bipod with a .300 was substantially easier than a 90 yard offhand snap shot with a 30/06 on a buck moving through the timber.