Welcome to our new members from the Specialty Pistols forum

Custom 300 win mag encore with 3x12 Burris.
Ruger super blackhawk with 2x7 Burris black cerakote, with high polish cylinder
smith and wesson 12" performance center with 2x7 Burris black cerakote , high polished cylinder
Pair of guns is 300 win mag and 338 win mag
Ill be 65 in October, just retired last September
6'0 230 lbs weightlifter for over 50 years. Married briefly many years ago. All I do is hunt, lift weights, shoot, and stay in shape….most of my critters are shot on public land, do everything on foot. Actually killed most of best animals with my handguns.
pic is my best bull with my .338 JDJ and 200 grain hornady shot at 300 yards it was -30 that day too.
I actually am obsessed with bears and big whitetail

Attachments

• 36C2F0B4-06FE-4903-ADE2-CA08DB01D232.jpeg
    36C2F0B4-06FE-4903-ADE2-CA08DB01D232.jpeg
    350.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 337ADE80-1208-43EF-AD67-35BEA6AA88EE.jpeg
    337ADE80-1208-43EF-AD67-35BEA6AA88EE.jpeg
    847.3 KB · Views: 47
  • FA9F2F3B-011B-4EF0-BAA4-9D55704A6070.jpeg
    FA9F2F3B-011B-4EF0-BAA4-9D55704A6070.jpeg
    865.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 35B02E3B-9875-4336-8535-29DE227F08BC.jpeg
    35B02E3B-9875-4336-8535-29DE227F08BC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 67216F66-E62E-4BC0-AF46-90E857AC9F77.jpeg
    67216F66-E62E-4BC0-AF46-90E857AC9F77.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
I migrated here from Specialty Pistols where I met a lot of great people and learned a lot from their expertise. I am an NRA Patron Member and belong to four local gun clubs. While I have a few rifles and several shotguns I am first and foremost a handgun hunter / shooter. I have more or less become a Remington XP-100 collector and enjoy target shooting, deer and varmint hunting with them. I appreciate being able to join this site and recognize a few past Specialty Pistol members. I look forward to share and gain more knowledge of our sport here. Thanks for hosting us here!

I migrated here from Specialty Pistols where I met a lot of great people and learned a lot from their expertise. I am an NRA Patron Member and belong to four local gun clubs. While I have a few rifles and several shotguns I am first and foremost a handgun hunter / shooter. I have more or less become a Remington XP-100 collector and enjoy target shooting, deer and varmint hunting with them. I appreciate being able to join this site and recognize a few past Specialty Pistol members. I look forward to share and gain more knowledge of our sport here. Thanks for hosting us here!
Welcome aboard.

It's an easy open Contender with a 223 super 14 compensated barrel. It's wearing a bushnell red dot for now. The stocks, as mentioned came from Dave Dolen.
I've been away from Contenders since Covid and recently found a deal I couldn't pass up. Since I still had a couple sets of stocks, mounts, and sights under the bench it was easy getting back into it. I also picked up a 10" 357max barrel since I have several hundred new and used cases for it. Hopefully I'll have time over the winter to develop some loads.

I guess I will jump in here. Was on the SP site for many years and the Long Range Hunting site since 2006. Met a lot of great people. Jumped over to this forum the day SP site shut down. I've been shooting pistols most all of my life (70 now). I had a good friend I worked with in the 70's that came to work one Monday and was bragging about buying a single shot Contender in .41 mag. We shot it that weekend and I was hooked. 15 years later I was at my local gun range and ran into a friend from school and he had a Contender in 7-30 Waters. He let me shoot it and before we left the range that day I was the proud owner of it. He was a silhouette shooter and he gave me about 200 rounds of loaded 140grn ammo. That didn't last long. Found Ernie on the SP site and told him about a guy at the range that had two XP's for sale. Both 7BR, one had been shoot several thousand rounds for steel matches and the other was unfired. Ernie told me to jump on the for the price he wanted. Ernie was and still is a great guy and has a lot of good info on pistols. Now, 6 XP's, 5 Encores, 4 Revolvers and a few 22 target pistols later, I'm still looking for the bottom of that rabbit hole. 😊
A few years back I read on the SP site or Handgun Hunter site, can't remember, about an Antelope hunt they were having at the Hat Six Ranch near Cheyenne, Wyoming. I got the info, talked two of my buddies to go with me. They were not pistol shooters but I set them up with XP's, one XP100 in .260 and one 7BR that I had Apache Machine fix up with HS stock, trigger job, scope base and cerekote for me and we were on our way to Wyoming. Had a great time with the Pistol Shooters that were there from all over the country.
Ernie helped my best friend take his first animal with a pistol on his first out of state hunt ever. Will never forget that and will never be able to repay Ernie for his help that week.
I like reloading for my toys and have done hunts all over the country now with Specialty pistols. I have asked to hunt places and they kinda smile and say sure, you won't hurt anything around their place with those toys. People are surprised with you take game with pistols, some pretty far off.
Thanks for putting this site together and keeping our addiction alive. All of you people are great. You have got me through some tough times and brought me back to reality. Take care, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year when it comes around. MY photo is one of the 7BR's I had Apache Machine build into a Krieger barrel,.284 Win, fast twist XP with the HS stock, EGW base, Burris 3x12 BP scope. It is my go to pistol most of the time when I get an invite and need to grab something to shoot going out the door.
Mike