Weatherby Mark V (Germany) 7mm WBY Mag - 7mm REM Mag Fired Through It - "Won't Shoot Strait" - Weird Obstruction?

I am not sure if you have heard from them or have resolved the issue, but it would make an excellent road trip to visit their plant in the great state of WY. Good luck!
You all make my head hurt....has anyone actually taken a look at cartridge dimensions for the rem mag vs the weatherby? According to nosler headspace on 7 rem mag is 2.229
For the wby 2.218
So if you did get the rem mag to chamber in the wby rifle; ....if fired ...it just fireforms to a short neck 7mm wby case dimension.
Remember people run 7 rem mag brass thru 257 wby die to make cheap 257 brass but it has a shorter neck. I don't think there was any big issue created by the owner who fired rem mag in the wby chamber. Much ado about not much here.

You all make my head hurt....has anyone actually taken a look at cartridge dimensions for the rem mag vs the weatherby? According to nosler headspace on 7 rem mag is 2.229
For the wby 2.218
So if you did get the rem mag to chamber in the wby rifle; ....if fired ...it just fireforms to a short neck 7mm wby case dimension.
Remember people run 7 rem mag brass thru 257 wby die to make cheap 257 brass but it has a shorter neck. I don't think there was any big issue created by the owner who fired rem mag in the wby chamber. Much ado about not much here.
I am not sure why you quoted me, but to answer your question, yes, I am fully aware of the headspace differences and using 7MM RM/.264 WM brass as an alternative for me.257 WBY. I responded as such because the OP lives in WY, and Weatherby moved to Sheridan, WY, in 2019, and thus the road trip comment.

I am not sure why you quoted me, but to answer your question, yes, I am fully aware of the headspace differences and using 7MM RM/.264 WM brass as an alternative for me.257 WBY. I responded as such because the OP lives in WY, and Weatherby moved to Sheridan, WY, in 2019, and thus the road trip comment.
I didn't intend on you personally...sorry. directed at the whole group and the handwringing....

Looks like a ring of brass from a ruptured case. Take a rod and see if you can tap it out toward the chamber

As an owner of Three mark rifles, I would suggest asking the previous owner was he able to Extract the 7mm Rem mag Case after firing?? If so ,was it a complete case when it was extracted ?? Was he able to easily chamber a 7 Weatherby Mag case after that event.??? If his answers are not clear and convincing, I would call Weatherby Customer Service, ( which I think is excellent ) , and send the rifle to them for full examination. The rifle's inability to not shoot MOA groups, MAY, not have anything to do with the "MISTAKE "of firing the wrong ammo in it. Years past ,As a kid working in a gun shop , I have seen this kind of thing done a few times over the years. (280 Rem , fired in a 7mm Rem Mag Rifle) ( 7mm Rem Mag fired in a 7mm Weatherby) . They would bring the rifle back to the store , unable to open the bolt , with stupid giggles and say" Why ,your not supposed to do that " In every case I saw, the decision by the customer , to intentionally use the wrong ammo was based on the cost per box of ammo.