• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale Weatherby Accumark 340Wby

Were you running custom loads, or factory ammo? I wouldn't mind knowing what you were running through it. How hot did you go while targeting/load development or did you space your shots out pretty good? Just trying to get an idea of potential throat wear.

I ran some factory loads and some handloads. I always shot on a private range so I was able to take my time with shots. I never shot more than 3 shots over a 30 minute time frame. The handloads I ran were hot but not over book max. I had a couple other 340s that I could run 4 to 5 grains over max. This rifle hasn't been shot much bit I cant say what the throat will look like.

Sure, it loved Barnes tipped triple shock 225s. Which is what I wanted to shoot. With the 24 inch barrel I was right at 2900 to 2950fps. It shot so well there I didn't push further. It shot swift a frames at 3/4 inch to inch. And Weatherby ammo with 225 gr Hornady spire point at 3/4 inch. Since I wanted to use the Barnes I quit there.

I have a mark v deluxe loves 250 a-frames, perhaps the most accurate rifle I own. I've taken eland and Nilgai with it here in texas - incredible caliber IMO. someone needs to snag this rifle you wont be disappointed - if it were left handed i would have already talked myself into another one! GLWS