Weatherby 307 Long Term Reviews? Who has one?

I shot mine this eve with 2
Factory loads 100grn interlock and 92 Hammer. Good numbers with the Hammer load.
You can see the stock contact in the last pic. I guess I will relieve the stock material from the front pillar area which is recessed instead of sending it back.

That kind of stock contact on a "free floating" barrel is what I expect to see on savage axis, rem783, ruger american etc… "package guns", not on a rifle at this price point!!!!

That kind of stock contact on a "free floating" barrel is what I expect to see on savage axis, rem783, ruger american etc… "package guns", not on a rifle at this price point!!!!
I agree. Never seen this on my tikkas or Sako s20 which cost less. Stock has nice ergonomics but I'm not what I would call happy. I have another thread with pics of the front pillar area stock contact points.
Pillar is recessed.

Ya, I wouldn't be happy with those groups then for that kind of money. Maybe give a call to weatherby and show them pics of the stock contact

My brother in law and myself both purchased a model 307 in 243. Has a number of features we were looking for but it needed some tlc to get them to shoot well. Barrel had to be free floated, we glassed the recoil lug and about 2" of the barrel, adjusted the trigger. Eventually found what it likes and using it daily now on varmints. Have around 260 rounds down the tube at this point and we are well satisfied with our purchase.

I shot mine this eve with 2
Factory loads 100grn interlock and 92 Hammer. Good numbers with the Hammer load.
You can see the stock contact in the last pic. I guess I will relieve the stock material from the front pillar area which is recessed instead of sending it back.
Mr rifles both had contact on the same side of barrel as well

Here is the other thread regarding the front pillar issue I started in April just for reference:
The stock material contact to the right of the pillar is likely pushing the barrel to the left side of the channel.

I'm pretty sure weatherby is aware of the crappy magpul stock I no for a fact there senior staff pays attention to social media one forums

My brother in law and myself both purchased a model 307 in 243. Has a number of features we were looking for but it needed some tlc to get them to shoot well. Barrel had to be free floated, we glassed the recoil lug and about 2" of the barrel, adjusted the trigger. Eventually found what it likes and using it daily now on varmints. Have around 260 rounds down the tube at this point and we are well satisfied with our purchase.
Did he shoot if before and after the bedding job? If so how much improvement on group size did you guys see?

Seems like a quick "clean-up" with a Dremel could widen the barrel channel for relief. good thing about the 700 patter, re-stocking" should be easy.