Weatherby 30-378 with NightForce

mxbubs

Bought a Weatherby 30-378 a few weeks back. I took 3 deer with it, longest one at 325 yards. I LOVE THIS WEAPON, WITH THIS NIGHTFORCE SCOPE. I have many rifles, but I love this one. It has almost NO recoil witht he muzzle brake, and the scope is awesome.

This is a real deer slaying machine, if you have the means, I highly reccommend it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The NightForce 5-22x56 NXS....The new reticles, I believe the NPR-1?

While this is a stock rifle, and not a custom built monster, I have been very happy with it.

As a note, I ended getting the NEAR MFG. base and rings....VERY NICE. Someone on here suggest I give them a try, and I like them, and suggest them to others.

At $5 a shot, it aint cheap to play with. After 20 rounds to zero it in at 100 yards, I put three shots within an inch, and called it a day.

Shooting 165grain BST, factory ammo.

1. Deer one, was a doe at 100 yards, lung shot, she dropped.

2. Deer two, a doe, 100 yards, neck shot, nearly took her head clean off, no kidding....very nasty.

3. Deer three, my buddy shot a 10 point a 330 yards, shot him in the hip (had to rush shot), blew a hole thru his hips...downed him, and put a finishing shot on him up close.

I say hit anything but the hoof, tail or ear, with this weapon, youll get your animal.

Ill post pics soon.

I would assume he isn't at $5 a pop, jesus that aint worth it. Question though, why did it take so many shots to get a 100 yard zero?? I can usually take a rifle that hasn't even had a scope on it and get it sighted in at 100 yards within 5 shots every time. Take the bolt out and look down the bore at a target 25 yards away. Move the crosshairs to the bullseye, where the bore is pointed. Your first shot should be real close at 25 yards. After that, go back to 100 yards and you'll be on paper. Shoot 1 or 2 times, then adjust and your pretty much sighted in. Little trick my uncle taught me.

Re: Weatherby 30-378 with NightForce w/Near Mfg. Base and Rings

GroundsForDivorce.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/mxbubs2007/IMG_1088.jpg

56mm Objective, clears just fine on Near Mfg. Base and Rings

IMG_1089.jpg

Left To Right:

243 Win, 270 Short Mag, 30-06, and the 30-378 Weatherby

Soilders.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

BubbaAndCasey.jpg

Re: Weatherby 30-378 with NightForce w/Near Mfg. Base and Rings

Thanks for posting the pics.... nice job !!

When are you going to start hand loading for this beast. I'm waiting to see how much velocity you can get out of a 200 grain Accubond in that 26" barrel.

I like Accumarks!
4accumarks0wv.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.