We are buying a Kubota MX5400 and probably need to sell some rifles.

We would much rather talk about building rifles, shooting, reloading, hunting but this Forum also gives us all the option for General Discussion. There is a lot of us with a wealth of knowledge on just about everything so a Post like this can help us and maybe other members that are looikg to get a Tractor for their Food Plots and properties.
We met with the Kabuto Dealer several times already. Everything we want on the Tractor has extra on everything. Adding the BH92 Backhoe on it and you would think that the price of the BH is the Price. No Way the BH is $10K then we were told to put it on the Tractor is several K$ more for the Mounting Plates to the frame of the tractor. Why doesn't the BH come with attachment to the tractor? Then another $3K for the Hydraulic Thumb. I'll buy it myself and install for a little over $1K. The FEL doesn't come with a Third Function. Dealer wants $1,800. I can get the Same Third Function with Hoses, attachments, Valves/Controls for $800.
Not only to say that Tractor Sales are in a BIG SLUMP now due to the weather here in the SE. Farmers Hay and other Crops took a big hit. You would think that Tractor Dealers would want to "DEAL". Have a meeting tomorrow to discuss their Prices again. There is a BIG CATACH on Pricing now. Kubota and other Tractor Companies are offering "0%" Down and "0%" for 48 months with monthly payments. It is a good idea to use their money and leave you money gaining interest. The catch is you have to pay them insurance on the Tractor "LOAN" and also the Price of the Tractor is about 10% more than if paying Cash or your own finance. So the "0" "0" is not really a bargain.
I already checked prices in other parts of GA, AL and TN Dealers and was even told by the other dealers that we are getting an HONEST Price now. Guess will have to do the "Walk Away Stare" and see if they will Blink. We can pay for the Tractor twice over by doing the work on our property ourselves. Plus we have our other Tractor, FEL BH to sell.
We also have to look at extending our Food Plots, shooting lanes and getting attachments like Tillers, Brush Hogs and more $ss for hunting and shooting.
Thanks for your input!
Len & Jill
When I bought my Kubota there was no difference in total price between Kubota 0% financing and cash price. Maybe things have changed. We had a great dealership, they got bought out and the new major multi-dealership owners are rapidly alienating locals.

Kubota Finance has to have a way to guarantee the loan if something happens to the financed tractor. Just good business. Kubota Insurance used to be a pretty good deal. Theft, fire, accident, it had a pretty good reputation for paying off or repairing. Tractor thefts in our area got pretty bad/bold for a while. If something happens/total loss to your $$$ tractor, it's kinda comforting to not have to keep making those payments. My insurance also covered every attachment, option, and implement that I financed along with the tractor purchase.

Skid steer style quick attach for FEL. Bought the pallet forks to go with bucket. Best investment ever. I use pallet forks 5x more than bucket. Slide them together to one side and I can dig a trench without a backhoe. Lots of uses with a little ingenuity and a real back saver. Palletize your storage and gear.

Good luck. Everything is more $$$ today. Lots of folks hurting. You are blessed to have the ability to keep going in this economy.

Hi Len, I bought another Kubota few years ago and only requirement I had was proof of insurance coverage on my homeowner's insurance. My cash price same as 0% price.

My son just bought a Bobcat and if I was looking, I would look at them as well. Some of their Skid Steer practicality can be seen in their tractors. My son had to go 150 miles to get best deal. You know "hey Dad, taking your flatbed"! 😂

Hey Y'all
Well Jill and I had a final at the dealership Today. I checked all over on prices for the Third Function and the Backhoe Hydraulic Thumb.
My dealership was more in line with prices and installation than I could buy it for and then install myself.
The finance is "0%" down and "0%" for 48 months. Catch is you have to go with Kubota Finance Insurance or get you own in order to get the "0%".
I spoke with our home owners USAA and the Tractor is covered as long as it is on our property for Fire, Theft, Lighting, Weather.
It does not cover Transportation or off property, or damage from hitting an object or roll over.
Kubota Finance wants the insurance to have a Policy that has the Tractor & Implant(s) S/N. The Policy must also cover Theft, Fire, Storm. Rollover, Tree landing on it, transportation, and off property. Also does not cover Commerical use unless you have Commerical Coverage.
We opted to go with USAA and Travelers Equipment Coverage to reduce the cost of Insurance. Kubota wanted $4,500+ for the length of the "0%" and we got Travelers for $3.200.00 for four years.
So we are covered for off Property, transportation and Hunt Club Activities.

We are getting a Kubota:
MX5400 ROPS HST with 55hp 4/2 Wheel Drive R4 Tires
LA1065 Front End Loader with Third Function and Level indicator.
BH92 (Backhoe) with an 16" Bucket and a Hydraulic Thumb
Rear Tires Filled with Water and Antifreez.
FRONT - 300/70R16.5 R14T 116A8 GDYR
REAR - 440/80R24 R14T 135A8 GDYR
(Tires are a Hybrid and had good traction, but not like Ag tires to rip up the ground)
Free delivery and Free First 50hr maintenance.

We will buy an extra bucket later. Kubota want $1k+ per bucket, will get aftermarket. Also a Grill Brush Cover.
Going to take the Heavy Fiberglass Canopy off of out other Tractor and put it on this new one. Will add an additional Roll Bars around the inside of the Canopy and additional two front Struts for extra protection. Going to get the Real nice LED Light Bars from Harbor Freight to put around the top of the canopy in case I need to work at night or to Hang a Hog or Deer to Dress out.
If you have any questions feel free to PM or call us.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Last edited:
One thing I do like now is that Dealerships are checking in real time for "Scammers Thieves".
When we went to buy this tractor to day they did a Credit Check and also took a "THUMB PRINT" and scanned it into the system with your Driver License PRINTS. They took my DL and put it into the System and Credit Check then put MY Scanned Thump Print into the system and it came back with a big GREEN CHECK Mark.
Our Salesman told us hat he had a customer trying to purchases a $15K Zero Turn yesterday. When they put his print into the System it came back RED. and the Customer ran out of the store with the Sherrif on the way. That THEIF already tried to steel Tractors from (4) other Dealers in GA yesterday morning. New ways to catch thieves and also a good way to get instant credit!

So just in case you haven't completed deal, found new advertisement for ya.
IMG_5348.jpeg

We would much rather talk about building rifles, shooting, reloading, hunting but this Forum also gives us all the option for General Discussion. There is a lot of us with a wealth of knowledge on just about everything so a Post like this can help us and maybe other members that are looikg to get a Tractor for their Food Plots and properties.
We met with the Kabuto Dealer several times already. Everything we want on the Tractor has extra on everything. Adding the BH92 Backhoe on it and you would think that the price of the BH is the Price. No Way the BH is $10K then we were told to put it on the Tractor is several K$ more for the Mounting Plates to the frame of the tractor. Why doesn't the BH come with attachment to the tractor? Then another $3K for the Hydraulic Thumb. I'll buy it myself and install for a little over $1K. The FEL doesn't come with a Third Function. Dealer wants $1,800. I can get the Same Third Function with Hoses, attachments, Valves/Controls for $800.
Not only to say that Tractor Sales are in a BIG SLUMP now due to the weather here in the SE. Farmers Hay and other Crops took a big hit. You would think that Tractor Dealers would want to "DEAL". Have a meeting tomorrow to discuss their Prices again. There is a BIG CATACH on Pricing now. Kubota and other Tractor Companies are offering "0%" Down and "0%" for 48 months with monthly payments. It is a good idea to use their money and leave you money gaining interest. The catch is you have to pay them insurance on the Tractor "LOAN" and also the Price of the Tractor is about 10% more than if paying Cash or your own finance. So the "0" "0" is not really a bargain.
I already checked prices in other parts of GA, AL and TN Dealers and was even told by the other dealers that we are getting an HONEST Price now. Guess will have to do the "Walk Away Stare" and see if they will Blink. We can pay for the Tractor twice over by doing the work on our property ourselves. Plus we have our other Tractor, FEL BH to sell.
We also have to look at extending our Food Plots, shooting lanes and getting attachments like Tillers, Brush Hogs and more $ss for hunting and shooting.
Thanks for your input!
Len & Jill
So would it make you feel better if they dropped the price of the tractor and then charged a normal finance rate?
They are there to make a profit, it's the only way they will stay in business.