Wall hanger Double barrel Damascus barrel

cornshank

So , I have an old H Pieper 12 gage ,Damascus barrels , exposed hammers, double triggers, old leather and tacks and wire repair on grip of stock,and a few other cracks .
I'm thinking about putting one of my mother-in-law's jellow salads about 50' away on a chair , for a gel test ,then loading up the wall hanger with a couple low base shells ,

throwing a tarp over it and firing it from 100' away from behind a tree with some string, just to see if the gun will work?

Any thoughts?

I have one that the barrel dates back to 1720 or something. The stock is in bad shape, it just sits in the garage. I wanted to re-stock it but it still has character, nail marks in the wrist from where it was hung in a cabin. I just don't know what to do with it. Originally a flinter now a percussion. Probably a ~20 Guage smoothbore. It's a mess. Was found in the rafters of a smokehouse, then many kids played army with it. No other history on it.

I have one that the barrel dates back to 1720 or something. The stock is in bad shape, it just sits in the garage. I wanted to re-stock it but it still has character, nail marks in the wrist from where it was hung in a cabin. I just don't know what to do with it. Originally a flinter now a percussion. Probably a ~20 Guage smoothbore. It's a mess. Was found in the rafters of a smokehouse, then many kids played army with it. No other history on it.
Bob just keep it the way it is and maybe clean it up with some G-96 on the metal and wood to get the dust or dirt off and keep the patina. Don't bother with another stock. Then hang it some place if you have a spot to show like a fireplace or just under an animal mount.

Recent Posts