Vihtavuori and temperature

jbs2014

I have heard that Vihtavouri is very temperature sensitive? But, due to it being cooler outside I have not been able to verify that. Do any of you have any first hand experience with Vhitavuori to be able to confirm or deny this temperature rumor?

I used V.V. 570 in my .338 L.M. Improved for several years until it became unavailable a few years back. i had no pressure-related problems with it in the desert around Las Vegas and used it year round (Temps roughly 29ish to 110ish). However, I did my load development during the hot season, and make a point of not letting ammo sit directly in the sun.

Jeffvn

I have heard the opposite, at least for N570 and that it is amongst the most stable out there.

I've done some simple test with n570 and it's proven to be very temp stable. Don't have experience with any other VV powders though. Looking forward to others responses.

Thanks everyone. I like the Vhitavouri for 223 and 77 grain Berger bullets. I had a decent load worked for it but I developed it in the cooler weather

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.