VIDEO - EOL214 - Long Range Oregon Bear Hunt

I really enjoyed the great footage, well filmed! But can you please spare us the most unnatural, disturbing music? It's about as unfit for a natural setting as can be. Can you imagine Robert Redford's "Jeremiah Johnson" with this sort of music?
Digital, electric grunge noise doesn't fit the natural setting your great filming was done in!

Good ole RhodieDamnDrums! Those things can tie a guy up, can't they!

There's nothin' more fun than a tough day in near vertical real estate on the long edge of winter, slappin' your way through the $%^&* Rhodies and slide alder in the 40-mile rains. Then when it's about half over, hearing "the call" and having nothing with which to wipe your bum except wet Rhody-danm-dendron leaves. Oh, Yeah! Love them Rhodies!

I come home the other day and my wife has paid good money for a bunch of Rhodies and is planting them around the house! Thinks they're purty. I guess it depends on your perspective.

Couple of years ago she planted Himalayan Blackberries. In the garden. Planted the things! Says she's going to tame the things and teach them to behave like well-mannered ordinary raspberries. I swear, if I ever come home and find her planting Devil's Club, me and Ol' Queenie are gonna but some wheels under her doghouse, hook it on the back of the Goldwing, and go find some place it don't rain quite so continuous!

(I'll stay out'a Californie though .... People move too fast, and just about every good thing I got out'a college is now a felony down there!)

I wonder ... do they have any bears, cougars, or wild boar-hogs in Maryland, Mass., or Jersey? Maybe they ..... need some? (Move over, Queenie. We've got to stuff a few more "passengers" in your leetle Mutt-Mansion ... just for the trip!)

"Mama's don't let, your little Darlins grow up, to be Timber Beasts". Hmmm. Might be a song in there .... 'Course, "they" say "We" can always move to town and be "re-trained", whatever that is. Maybe it was "re-strained". Or Sivilized. I wonder if "they" really want what they're talkin' about? Some things are just naturally best left wild. Like me an' beers. 'Scuse me ... Bears. And Queenie.

"C'mon, Queen; get in the truck. We're goin' hunting!" (That last was supurfulous ... just for the reader's benefit. Soon as Queenie saw I was packin' a Long Iron, she was through the passenger window and thumpin' her tail on the front seat of the Silverado.) I swear, if I ever go off an' leave the keys in the ignition, she'll learn to drive that truck so she can get outa town an' go huntin' by herself.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts