Very poor accuracy with my new suppressor.

From my very limited experience with suppressors it seems each suppressor has its own identity when it comes to how air flows through the baffles and affects the bullet impact down range. And I've noticed that the same suppressor on one rifle may shoot 2" left but two inches low on another rifle. I've also noticed if you index the way it shoots on a rifle that it will stay the same on others. By that I mean let's say on rifle #1 the suppressor changes the POI to 2" high and centered. So I put an index mark with a pencil on the suppressor at 12o'clock. Now I put the suppressor on rifle #2 and tighten it down. This time the index mark is at 3 o'clock. From my experience the rifle will most likely shoot to the right now. Again I'm a novice at this but with my limited experience this is what I have observed.

I have also seen that on serviceable suppressors the POI shift itself can change if the suppressor is disassembled, cleaned, and then the baffles installed in a different order or orientation. Again this is just what I've seen from using friends suppressors as I do not have my own yet. I do have one in jail and I applied for two Form 1's. If I get approved I will build some mechanical way into the suppressor to align the baffles exactly the same each time after servicing.

Last edited:
Same here. The Omega 300 on 2 Christensen rifles (223 AR & 6.5 CM Ridgeline) has not required any re-zeroing. I'm guessing that's not the norm. And if anything, group size has shrunk for both. Just got a Nomad Ti & CGS Hyperion out of jail. Hope to have on hand shortly for some "sea trials".
Stiff carbon and large fluted barrels won't see as much POI change as smaller profile ones.

Actually that is accuracy, I think you're asking about precision. But I agree, POI is gonna shift anytime you do anything to the barrel.
I don't even think it is accuracy problem. It wouldn't be correct to say a scope isn't accurate because POI and POA didn't match up when you mounted the scope. I don't think it is relevant to discuss accuracy vs precision before you've zeroed the system.