Value needed on Rem 700 SS 300 RUM.

Lugs appear good.
Seem to be evenly contacting in abutment according to my quick inspection .
Smoothed out a bit but not polished off.
Bolt face looks good too.
Has the J-Lock bolt shroud with that nasty dragging firing pin spring too.

Good Walker style trigger though that is still factory set at about 4-5 lbs.

Last edited:
Got a chance to pick up a J-Lock Rem700 SPS BDL Stainless with plastic stock in 300 RUM.
Has a VX-II 3-9x50 and probably not shot a lot but looks rode hard and put up rough.

What's it worth?
I'd lay down 5 hundred dollar bills if he says no, head for the door and see what he does.
He may stop you before you go. If not, decide if it's worth the $600.00 and just buy it, or turn the page.

Got a chance to pick up a J-Lock Rem700 SPS BDL Stainless with plastic stock in 300 RUM.
Has a VX-II 3-9x50 and probably not shot a lot but looks rode hard and put up rough.

What's it worth?
I'd walk away. Who knows what the rifle has gone through? Could the barrel have a slight curve and since it's at a open shop could it be stolen? If a reputable gun shop had it and was willing to back up its reliability, then maybe, but from what you've described I certainly wouldn't lay down $600 for a basic pig in a poke.

You might keep an eye on this one that was just posted:

I'd walk away. Who knows what the rifle has gone through? Could the barrel have a slight curve and since it's at a open shop could it be stolen? If a reputable gun shop had it and was willing to back up its reliability, then maybe, but from what you've described I certainly wouldn't lay down $600 for a basic pig in a poke.
*pawn shop.

..how's your shoulder condition ? This is not for the faint of heart or a daily driver, myself I was good for 3 shots off the bench...
Lol… Not really interested in the 300 RUM as it sits. I have a 300 WM that would fit most of my heavy needs.
I was thinking of it for the action with trigger and bdl… and the scope is decent.