Vais Suppressor patents

Hey guys perhaps someone can help here. I was just talking to another friend; he was telling me that George Vails looking to sell his new suppressor design patents rights.
I've used some of his stuff in the past, it's great.
As any of you heard this?

Cheers

Hey guys perhaps someone can help here. I was just talking to another friend; he was telling me that George Vails looking to sell his new suppressor design patents rights.

Cheers

George is dead, and has been dead for quite awhile
gary

Trickymissfit

Good to know:), I just contacted him on the Island of Thassos in Greece. He was telling me about the HTG silencer, the new one with the unique “epsilon baffles” system which the patents rights are for, that he’s wanting to sell. As I said; he’s got some great stuff I have used his HTG silencers in the past and if this new design up grades the herd, well.. I’ll love to get my hands on one; he’d be running ahead of the pack for sure.
As a side note in the conversation, he’s number(s) and description(s) of this new product were fascinating… boy I wish he was state side making these things.

Mr. Vais gave me his contact information; here you go’.., [email protected] he is quite alive and has been for quite sometime.

Cheers

e-mail addresses have a certain 'could be but maybe not air' about them. I believe George is deceased but his namesake could live on....

Would all depend on who or whom his namesake actually is.

With any patent on a proprietary part, it's only as good as the paper it's written on. Just ask a Chinaman.

SidecarFlip

I talked in person with Mr Vais, I know his voice, I've met him several times in Idaho. I know a few of the same people he knows.. Mr. Vais is quite alive.. Here's a photo taken of him on 01-18-14 I checked it out, "he lives!" The person that gave me Mr Vais contact information, speaks with him quite frequently from what I understand, he is with the bar (law) in Idaho. As it turns out Mr Vais has a business on Thassos, and other ventures.
As for the legality of the patent; I have no idea, I'd hire an Attorney for that kinda work.
My whole interest in contacting Mr. Vais was to see "who may have bought" his patent(s)... so I could contact them about obtaining one of the suppressors..
As it stands right now, it looks like I won't be getting one of his cans until someone picks up his patent, hopefully in the US.

Beginning too remind me of Mark Twain quote: “Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated” :)

Cheers

Attachments

• Geroge Vais.jpg
    Geroge Vais.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 15
Trickymissfit

Good to know:), I just contacted him on the Island of Thassos in Greece. He was telling me about the HTG silencer, the new one with the unique “epsilon baffles” system which the patents rights are for, that he’s wanting to sell. As I said; he’s got some great stuff I have used his HTG silencers in the past and if this new design up grades the herd, well.. I’ll love to get my hands on one; he’d be running ahead of the pack for sure.
As a side note in the conversation, he’s number(s) and description(s) of this new product were fascinating… boy I wish he was state side making these things.

Mr. Vais gave me his contact information; here you go’.., [email protected] he is quite alive and has been for quite sometime.

Cheers

George's business was sold to somebody that's either in El Paso or in New Mexico. It was at one time in Kerrville, TX. Where it's at now, I'm not positive, but maybe in El Paso. Here's the last phone number I had (830) 895-2025
gary

I understand fully.

As an aside, a patent on a supressor is about as good as used toilet paper... it's not.

All one has to do is make inconsequential changes (like changing the porting or length) and viola. a new, unpatented suppressor is born....

I understand fully.

As an aside, a patent on a supressor is about as good as used toilet paper... it's not.

All one has to do is make inconsequential changes (like changing the porting or length) and viola. a new, unpatented suppressor is born....

The technology never ends and so the performance. Quieter silencer, shorter, lighter in weight, accuracy holding, no flash and low recoil will always make the difference. I believe you never have try some to know the difference. There are too many manufactures but not all making good sound suppressors. I understand also they not legal in your state.

The technology never ends and so the performance. Quieter silencer, shorter, lighter in weight, accuracy holding, no flash and low recoil will always make the difference. I believe you never have try some to know the difference. There are too many manufactures but not all making good sound suppressors. I understand also they not legal in your state.

No, they aren't. Conversely, a fram oil filter and thread on adapter is acceptable so long as you don't get caught....lol

I can take an ordinary industrial cartridge air muffler, internally thread the coupling to screw on a barrel and have the same thing for about 15 bucks and...it's completely and inexpensively rebuildable with off the shelf parts available at any industrial MRO supply house.

Don't ask how I know. lets say, I plead the fifth, afterall, I am a machinist and shop owner.

I have no need for a muffler whether, in fact, my state has determined that possession is a felony or not, much like I don't possess any black guns. I find them not to be sporting firearms.

I do run recoil supression on my big rifles but thats for my shoulder's longevity. I wear ear plugs myself.

Cheers

George Vias has been dead for many years, and the business was sold to another group. Think they are still in business under another name. Maybe in El Paso.
gary

just saw the post above this one, and guess there are (or were ) two George's out there. The one I was thinking of had a really nice muzzle brake.
glt

George Vias has been dead for many years, and the business was sold to another group. Think they are still in business under another name. Maybe in El Paso.
gary

just saw the post above this one, and guess there are (or were ) two George's out there. The one I was thinking of had a really nice muzzle brake.
glt

I bet there is only one Sidecar Flip however................:)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.