US Optics 34 mm windage adjustable rings?

Steve bonson

Hello, I had this posted on the equipment discussions forum but not a lot of traffic over there. I have a 300 WSM on a trued up Remington 700 action, apparently the scope base screws were not drilled dead center on the action, shots are walking right as I go out. I was wondering if anybody has used the US Optics 34mm windage adjustable rings and what their opinion of them was? They are a little pricey but not a lot of options in 34mm. I do have the Burris 34mm XTR signature rings on the gun now, but it's getting to be a pia rotating the insert, re-leveling , re-torquing & shooting to find out it's not right and then going through whole process again. Any thoughts
IMG_3234.png
would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I don't know about your question on those rings but I did have a rifle that had off center holes also and took it to a gunsmith and he drilled new holes with a jig that held the drill bit straight. Not a single problem after that.
Just a thought
Thank you, that maybe a less expensive option, do you know if you're gunsmith welded the original holes shut & drilled & tapped new ones?

I had a Remington 700 that had the scope base mounting holes so out of wack I used almost all of my scopes windage in one direction to zero it.
I sent the action to GA Precision and they bored the #6 screw holes to #8 inline to the bore, when I reinstalled the scope that I centered up the windage on it was 2 clicks from dead center, totally happy with their work.

Thank you, that maybe a less expensive option, do you know if you're gunsmith welded the original holes shut & drilled & tapped new ones?
The gunsmith did not weld the holes shut but put a cap screw in the holes so nothing could ever get into the holes.
Then they put the jig on the receiver and drilled new holes. Not expensive at all.
I don't remember the price as that was in the 1980's but I expected a lot more. I was surprised but happy.

Hello, I had this posted on the equipment discussions forum but not a lot of traffic over there. I have a 300 WSM on a trued up Remington 700 action, apparently the scope base screws were not drilled dead center on the action, shots are walking right as I go out. I was wondering if anybody has used the US Optics 34mm windage adjustable rings and what their opinion of them was? They are a little pricey but not a lot of options in 34mm. I do have the Burris 34mm XTR signature rings on the gun now, but it's getting to be a pia rotating the insert, re-leveling , re-torquing & shooting to find out it's not right and then going through whole process again. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
IMHO, the best course of action is for a reputable GS to fix the screw issue on the action.

The gunsmith did not weld the holes shut but put a cap screw in the holes so nothing could ever get into the holes.
Then they put the jig on the receiver and drilled new holes. Not expensive at all.
I don't remember the price as that was in the 1980's but I expected a lot more. I was surprised but happy.
15.95 in the 80's.....is 300.00 today! ( Or dang close....) isn't it? At least in Canada it is!!!!

I used the U.S. optics rings on a Christensen that was not drilled right. They worked perfectly. They are very well built rings.