Updated info in post#99 Preferred Barrel 6mm Creedmoor help

For me this would be way past the number of rd to see indications it will shoot. I do not see it. Its one thing if it gives you some signs of good groups and consistency. To me you have past into just wasting components at this point. You, tried different powders, bullets, seating depth, neck tension etc. It would be different if this was shooting 4s and you wanted 2s @ 300. But this is @100 correct? With most in the 10s +. So those already large spreads could open up more if you stretch it out.

Of course, I am going off the assumption you are capable of consistently shooting at least sub 0.5 moa. The typical issues with the action, scope, mount etc have all been ruled out. Unless you find something definitively wrong to explain this I would be done with that barrel.

Just be sure it's not something like a stripped mount screw or action screw too long hitting the barrel tenon or something to that effect.

Thank
For me this would be way past the number of rd to see indications it will shoot. I do not see it. Its one thing if it gives you some signs of good groups and consistency. To me you have past into just wasting components at this point. You, tried different powders, bullets, seating depth, neck tension etc. It would be different if this was shooting 4s and you wanted 2s @ 300. But this is @100 correct? With most in the 10s +. So those already large spreads could open up more if you stretch it out.

Of course, I am going off the assumption you are capable of consistently shooting at least sub 0.5 moa. The typical issues with the action, scope, mount etc have all been ruled out. Unless you find something definitively wrong to explain this I would be done with that barrel.

Just be sure it's not something like a stripped mount screw or action screw too long hitting the barrel tenon or something to that effect.
Thank you and I agree.
I already have some 90g eldx and varget loaded and will test tomorrow. If no joy, I'll contact PBB again and ask for a refund.
I plan to videotape and use a scope cam to shoot two or three different types of factory ammo and then pull the barrel and put my 6CM barrel on and shoot the factory ammo to show PBB that the Barrel does not meet standards

Is this the same barrel you had mentioned in this post back in March? Just curious.

No, they sent a replacement and that is what I am dealing with. Which is why I'm gonna ask for a refund now.

Update!
Shot it with Varget and then shot Hdy Match. I called PBB and they want a detailed report of all my reloading steps and what I did and what equipment I'm using. In my opinion if it can't shoot match under 1.25, then it doesn't matter what I do to reload.
But I will do as they asked as they're holding my 700 bucks
I shot my APR rifle in the MDT chassis, then switched the chassis to this defiance action and PBB Barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_6080.jpeg
    IMG_6080.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6069.jpeg
    IMG_6069.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
The chance of getting 2 bad barrels (ugh) that sucks!!! I cancelled my 22CM order with them yesterday until I see how this plays out. I've got 4 barrels from them that perform well. One has a fouling issues but it's brand new and getting better it seems the more I shoot it. Accuracy has been excellent on all of them. One is a 6 Creedmoor but is an older barrel they made with only 3 lands. I believe they now are 5R?

Last edited: