Up and coming Colorado mulie hunt (unit 62). Need some advice.

Meichelle, unit 62 has some good bucks. I have pretty much grew up on that hill, but that doesnt mean I know it any better than anyone else. WHat I have noticed about it is that the buck to doe ratio is about ten doe to the buck. We have gotten alot of deer and elk out of there and I hate to say it but one day everyone will swear they are on top and the next everyone says they are down low. Personally I have found it always best to just hunt the oakbrush. Best of luck. Slymule I think I met you up on that campell point road with your son. That afternoon I found a bear up past the lake past the green cabin like your going on the back side of wolf hill. Probably the fatest bear I have seen up there in a long time.Have fun.

Bill338, I remember who you are. You are correct, that was me and my son, we stopped and chewed the fat for awhile as you and two others in your party were glassing a hillside. Did you get that gun ready to roll yet? I'm still doing some last minute tweaking on my 338Edge .... but I'm real close to getting it where I want it for the third rifle season.

Met another member of the LRH forum last week (AJ Peacock) and we got together and did some shooting out at his dads place in Mack. He and a friend of his went up and hunted my favorite elk spot and his buddy took a nice 5 point bull on Monday. They got back in town today, took care of the meat, and AJ is headed back up tomorrow to try and get his bull. Guess they had about 8" of snow on the mountain by the time they broke camp.

Good luck this year on your hunt. Give me a call sometime and we'll go do some shooting.

Well our guns are as good as I can get them without alot more trigger time, but Im pretty confident that we will get what we aim at. Last weekend I took my 13 year old daughter and her best friend out on their fierst deer hunt. I have'nt had that much fun in years and years. THought I was going to die laughing a time or two. BTW hope your business is doing geat. THought I saw both of yours turning onto 6 and 50 from 20 road. See ya.
Oh and Meichelle if yu want a lil more help on 62 give me a shout and maybe I can help you out.I will be on that hill the same time you are and I will give you all the help I can. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.