Trijicon Credo tested

adk hunter

After years of swapping and shooting and reading my final choice for my wilderness hunt was a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42.

I tried multiple Nightforce, loved the Leupold but yes worried about holding zero rumors and finally found a trijicon to look through.
I took all precautions bedding the scope in Warne rings with some black permatex. Seemed to be pretty slick!

First day of hunt (which I could have brought second rifle along) we were on a hot bull bugling mid october! After getting covered up in the small herd and backing out we decided to saddle up and move in front of them keeping the wind in out favor. After some real nasty tree and downfall busting we made it and tied the horses up. I lifted the saddle bag and my rifle was GONE!! Yup, my heart is strong... wow.

We knew it was likely to be in that brush hell hole or after. My guide (excellent man) said we might find it on upslope where it could have slipped out. Hmmmmm. We worked hard together to backtrack ourselves in the dust. As I followed him I spotted it exactly as predicted with his horse quickly nearing. He spotted it and stopped his giant horse just to the side of it. WOW WOW WOW. Another heart attack avoided we checked it visually wiped the dust off and I gave it the rifle a few raps to hear if anything vibrated. all seemed fine.

Two days later I killed my bull off hand at 245. Shot rifle at home this am and it is spot on. I can only thank the good lord, Form and my diligence for the positive outcome!!

Lessons are mentioned above but include making sure you use all the information we have at out finger tips, test and verify same. I'll never hunt without a spare rifle again. I will ask if the guide will be carrying a rifle too. I could have borrowed some one else rifle in camp but that wasn't as easy as it sounds as everyone was in and out at separate times. I was one on one too which I hope to have my son or a friend along next time too.

Thought I'd share for any guys going on such an adventure for the first time.
ADK.

I took all precautions bedding the scope in Warne rings with some black permatex. Seemed to be pretty slick!
You bedded the scope in the rings?
Meme Think GIF

Congrats BTW.

@FireFlyFishing

Yeah, I used to do this all the time. Here's an LRH article on it.

@FireFlyFishing

Yeah, I used to do this all the time. Here's an LRH article on it.

Interesting and thanks for the share. Perhaps I'll give this a shot one day. I bookmarked the article.

I've had no problems with Warne Mt. Tactical or Nightforce rings without lapping...or bedding now that I know it's a thing.

I do epoxy the scope base to the rifle though.

Edit: Do you use the same torque settings recommended by the manufacture?

Last edited:
I use to run scabbard under leg pointing back.One day back at trailer, no gun.So off I went to ride back in, which was mostly a gated long forest service road.Sling caught end of gate and hanging there,340wby.Had horse run me in stump and broke stock on that one.