Travel Luggage

C.O. Shooter

I'm planning my 2018 Wyoming Whitetail/Muledeer Hunt. When traveling via plane, luggage and weight are always an issue! I'm looking for the strongest, lightest, most affordable piece of luggage I can find. My budget is about 300$. I'll also be using a Eberlestock J34.

I'm eyeing this up, however, the bag itself weighs about 18 lbs. leaving me about 32lbs of cargo in that bag. http://www.511tactical.com/cams-2-0.html

This isn't my first time flying for a hunt, I'm just looking for a better option! So for those of you who travel for hunts, what are you using?

Thanks

I just pack mine in a large duffel bag, either canvas or nylon. Have used that method for 30 years with no problems. I suggest using a zip tie or tape to keep the handles and zippers together and maybe some unique way of identifying your bag from others as it comes off the luggage conveyor.

The few times I had to fly for a hunt I packed most of my stuff in a box and fedex them to the outfitter.
The rest of my stuff went in a heavy duty canvas duffle bag like wyosteve

Hello,
I have travelled with firearms, appropriate export/import documents and clearances on International basis with at least 1 flight every month for the past 14 years.
I personally would NEVER put my firearms in a "soft shell" type pack/bag....only a hard shell case like Pelican, Hardig, Storm, etc.

THEIS

I'm just looking for a bag for my clothes and what not. Not hardware!

O crap..my mistake. I thought I recalled question in regards to "could the barreled action be removed from stock" type question in order to NOT have to use the typical "long" case...

I must have "mixed" up threads from somewhere.
Thanks,
THEIS

May take a look at the SKB quad rifle case, it does weigh approx. 14#. I have gone on multiple hunts in the Idaho and CO that were DIY. With only taking the quadcase and a 65L backpack. I am able to get rifle and a large portion of my gear in it. I put the rest of my gear in it my 65L as a carry on. It does take a lot of planning, but I get on the plane only paying for 1 checked bag.

I have two north face duffel bags thst work great for traveling and have lifetime warranties. The wheels sound great to have but I think the added weight (and potential failure point) is a drawback. I also believe a really big bag means you'll load it over the weight allowed for normal checked bags. My biggest problem is I like to bring everything "just in case" which means my bag is too heavy for normal fee. Use smaller bag like large vs. XL and you can avoid this. Good luck

I use a rolling duffle by club glove. These are made in USA. My wife and I each have a size large in custom colors. We also have an XL one that will fit my MR Metcalf + all gear.
https://www.clubglove.com/Newproduct/10149075/
We have gone through a couple of "lesser" rolling duffles over the years, these Club Glove duffles are bomb proof. All hardware and wheels are great. quality stuff once you get over the price. These are the last duffles you will ever buy.
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG

I am going to be getting a new rifle case this year and have a thread started on this forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts