• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Trade-complete boxes of Nosler 338's Partitions?

wildcat westerner

Hello,
I have three complete boxes of Nosler Partition .338 bullets I have opened them, but they are all complete and unused. They are 200, 225 and 250 grain bullets. I know these bullets are damnably expensive to make, and many people swear by them as to their efficiency as game bullets. I am seeking .338 bullets of Swift, Barnes, or Hammer manufacture for my rifle. What have you to trade?

Thanks,

WW

MY experience with Barnes bullet is limited to TTSX in .30 caliber and has been dramatically positive. tell me about what type of 210 and 225's you have and how many do you have ? The latest price increase for these Nosler Partitions has me shaking my head, even though I realize that manufacturing them is labor intensive.

Hello,
I have three complete boxes of Nosler Partition .338 bullets I have opened them, but they are all complete and unused. They are 200, 225 and 250 grain bullets. I know these bullets are damnably expensive to make, and many people swear by them as to their efficiency as game bullets. I am seeking .338 bullets of Swift, Barnes, or Hammer manufacture for my rifle. What have you to trade?

Thanks,

WW
I have a box with (45) Hammer Hunter 285 grain that I would trade for the 250 Partition if interested.

image.jpg

Hello Mike D Texas,

This offer is very interesting. Unfortunately my 33 inch Pence barrel is a 1-10 twist rate and almost certainly would not stabilize these Hammers. Thus they might be a waste and that would be a shame to fire them.
Have you any Barnes or other hammers in .338? How about the 210 gr. Swifts with their heavy jackets?

Thank You

WW,

Hello Mike D Texas,

This offer is very interesting. Unfortunately my 33 inch Pence barrel is a 1-10 twist rate and almost certainly would not stabilize these Hammers. Thus they might be a waste and that would be a shame to fire them.
Have you any Barnes or other hammers in .338? How about the 210 gr. Swifts with their heavy jackets?

Thank You

WW,
Understood.

Only other .338 bullets I have are 300 grain Accubond LR, 300 grain A Tip, 275 grain Cutting Edge Lazers and 275 grain Badlands SBD2.

Also have Berger 300 OTM.

Aha, you have practical knowledge of these heavy bullets and I would appreciate your expertise and insights. I know about ballistics and heavy bullet superiority. However, my heavy rifle is meant only for stand hunting here in the Rockies, morning and evening, and the trajectory over the majority of hunting distances most concerns me. When I stumbled onto this barrel in Idaho, I would have loved to have found it in either 30 or 7mm, but realize fully the kinetic energy superiority of these .338 bullets.
You shoot heavy bullets. What distances are your shooting them at? My rifle range is 800 yards, and I have to drive 2 hours north to get to 1,000 at Whittington. While I have competed, won and set Worlds records at longer distances, these were with specialized rifles meant to shoot that distance. I know about the cannons used in .375 and .416 for the Two Mile shoot held at Whittington and these incredible weapons would be virtually useless in a hunting situation. So, your practical knowledge would be of great value to me. A bullet in a rifle capable of hitting an Antelope at 900 yards, but cause a miss at 300 due to trajectory error simply does not appeal to me. Am I on the right track?

WW

Aha, you have practical knowledge of these heavy bullets and I would appreciate your expertise and insights. I know about ballistics and heavy bullet superiority. However, my heavy rifle is meant only for stand hunting here in the Rockies, morning and evening, and the trajectory over the majority of hunting distances most concerns me. When I stumbled onto this barrel in Idaho, I would have loved to have found it in either 30 or 7mm, but realize fully the kinetic energy superiority of these .338 bullets.
You shoot heavy bullets. What distances are your shooting them at? My rifle range is 800 yards, and I have to drive 2 hours north to get to 1,000 at Whittington. While I have competed, won and set Worlds records at longer distances, these were with specialized rifles meant to shoot that distance. I know about the cannons used in .375 and .416 for the Two Mile shoot held at Whittington and these incredible weapons would be virtually useless in a hunting situation. So, your practical knowledge would be of great value to me. A bullet in a rifle capable of hitting an Antelope at 900 yards, but cause a miss at 300 due to trajectory error simply does not appeal to me. Am I on the right track?

WW
I wish I could give you real world feedback but I haven't taken this on to distance yet. I only have about 40 rounds on this barrel doing pressure ladders with various bullets.