Tractor with at least 45hp to 50hp Engine with FEL having 2,250 lb lift and a Back Hoe.

But that resale value. Not that it matters as I don’t sell Anything. But still…
I 2nd the Radials if you buy tires. I like firestones but to each his own.
It’s a factor.
Down here right now they are quoting at retail and getting wholesale bids for trades.
Seems like a good time to buy good late model used.
X2 on the Firestone’s.

It’s a factor.
Down here right now they are quoting at retail and getting wholesale bids for trades.
Seems like a good time to buy good late model used.
X2 on the Firestone’s.
Heck, I have mostly 40-55 series. To buy a good one in good shape it will cost you what they did new back in the 80s-90s. It’s crazy to me

John Deere did make over $10 Billion in profits last year so........ they're still the gold standard of the tractor world, with over $61 billion in revenue. They employ 69,600 people. Revenue per employee is $880,000 so...... about as good as it gets building tractors.

Last edited:
John Deere did make over $10 Billion in profits last year so........ they're still the gold standard of the tractor world, with over $61 billion in revenue. They employ 69,600 people. Revenue per employee is $880,000 so...... about as good as it gets building tractors.
Worked with JD Yellow for many years. Have a JD Lawn Tractor D130 and when I bought it maybe 10 years ago it cut twice as fast as the same size Craftsman that we had and 1/2 the gas, but also cost twice as much. Would like to gat a JD Tractor 50+ HP with a FEL and BH, but they are sooo expensive.
Most Tractor Sales Shops are selling Kubota
Just got a quote for a L47TLB with for $63K - about $30k more than I want to spend. Will have to find a good used one that someone bought and it's too big for and their property.

Attachments

• L47 Specs.pdf
    486.1 KB · Views: 10
Worked with JD Yellow for many years. Have a JD Lawn Tractor D130 and when I bought it maybe 10 years ago it cut twice as fast as the same size Craftsman that we had and 1/2 the gas, but also cost twice as much. Would like to gat a JD Tractor 50+ HP with a FEL and BH, but they are sooo expensive.
Most Tractor Sales Shops are selling Kubota
Just got a quote for a L47TLB with for $63K - about $30k more than I want to spend. Will have to find a good used one that someone bought and it's too big for and their property.
My go to mower is a 1984 JD318. I have never had anything that will do what it does.
I have two more of them that I am upgrading to 25hp Kohler motors and they all have cat 0 3 points on the back. The two I am building will have 5 hydraulic hookups, two for the front and 3 for the rear.
One will get a front loader and a 72” pto driven brush Hogg. The other has a front dozer blade, a 12” plow, and a 6’ disc to pull.
Working on a 54” tiller that will hook up to the 3pt and it will have it’s own motor.

I’ve got a JD5055e just for my little garden and really like it and will more than likely be getting a 6 or 7 series in the near future for my little farm work. JD is a solid product and probably the reason 9/10 big row crop guys around here use them.