Tractor with at least 45hp to 50hp Engine with FEL having 2,250 lb lift and a Back Hoe.

Only other thing I'd say is that, like some of the other posters, I'd recommend going with a used full size machine.
Trying to dig in that "concrete" with a small machine will either be a no-go or will tear it up in no time.
I wouldn't recommend the skid steer route for the same reason. I love my Bobcat but a backhoe it aint. They make attachments but it'd just get wrecked.
No would not get a Skid Steer. I worked with Earth Moving machines since 1971. Getting a Tire Machine.
This is a picture of our machine from years ago. Now it doesn't look the same and this is a China Built Tractor with 1950 technology. They give you a Tool Box with it when you buy it and you can fix most everything in the field with it. Just like if you lived in China back Country and have no access to a Shop to fix if it breaks down. This is a Jinma 354 with a 35HP and FEL & BH
I recently ran a NEWER Tractor with AUTO everything. Big difference from a Manual Shifter.
These are pics from our new Tractor from maybe 10-+ years ago. I did a lot of upgrades since then---BUT there is an engine oil leak and has to have the tractor "Split in half" to fix. I have all the instructions to fix a $4.00 Gasket leak.

Attachments

• Tractor Dash Gauges.jpg
    Tractor Dash Gauges.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2199.JPG
    IMG_2199.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 16
Small small tractors are dangerous on slopes and for sure when lifting.
Get something large enough so you can spread the wheels out wide and large enough that you don’t need a counter-weight on the back to raise the empty front bucket off the ground.
Radial tires for better ride and traction on hard ground too.
Nothing runs like a Deere. And nothing costs as much either!

Get something large enough so you can spread the wheels out wide and large enough that you don’t need a counter-weight on the back to raise the empty front bucket off the ground.
That is no joke.
I have a Kubota L2500 and that thing is dangerous on slopes and sometimes even on flat ground. Last year I flipped it trying to move a downed tree.
My best heavy hauler is my old Fiat 666DT, it’s not very tall and has a wide stance front and rear with big tires in the front.
That thing is a Billy goat. If I remember right it’s a 1978 model that was imported by Heston.
I really wish I could find another one

I had a used bobcat ct445. 45 horse four wheel drive with a 7’ bobcat backhoe. Semi quick detach set up. I upgraded to a new ct450 and a wallenstein 9’ backhoe quick detach set up. I used the tractor for setting Lp tanks and digging lines and food plots grading driveway. Tractor backhoe is not great for digging holes you can’t swing the dirt anywhere but for trenching it worked ok. I think that it would lift just over 2k but better have fluid in tires it’s very light in the rear. I sold that to get a bigger one with cab and jump seat. Went with a new holland 75 horse and regretted it. Too big for yard work and the bobcat hydro controls were nicer than the n.h. shuttle shift. Got rid of that one too for a cat track skid steer. Definitely miss the bobcat tractor.

John Deere 110 is a tiny riding mower. Maybe you meant John Deere 310 loader/backhoe.

No I meant a 110, it's a small backhoe, about 8,000lbs. It operates like a full size, with a spinny seat, not an extra seat that you have to get out and go sit on like the homeowner specials and farmer machines.

Nothing runs like a Deere. And nothing costs as much either!PHIL
PHIL
Hope that you and your family are doing well

Phil
Absolute right about tipping over on slope / BUT This is with every tractor. If you look at our Tract it is pretty well balanced. Please show how where this compact 35 hp engine with a 4 cylinder. Having a BH on the rear and an FL on the friont. Now I really want to get a NNNEEEWWWER Tracror.
I know that you have a lot of knowledge on farm equipment. I also have been around equipment since 1971. This tractor that we bought and still have (going to sell as fast as we can) we (I) want a newer AUTO Tractor.
This Tractor was good for what we need it for and would probably still want it around with the exception for a problem with fixing a oil leak.
I did several very good upgrades that I designed for the BH Hydraulics and rebuilt the front cylinders with Hercules Seals from Florida. Even though low hours 364 I did changes from China Seals in Cylinders.
I like R-4 Tires on a tractor unless doing a lot of Farm work then AG Tires.
Thanks for your input.
Getting a new Tractor one way or another.
Will have to put Custom Chambering/Cerakoting on pause, but Lases Engraving still on.
Darn =we have several comp rifles that should be killers on hold.

Thanks everyone for the input. We have too much property to get done with many trees removal, landscape of our yard and possibly a inground sprinkler system since we have water now.
Probably have over 100m big tree that need to be removed before they hit the house or close the driveway down.
We have a huge tree that was hit by lighting so it is dead now. I can not wrap my arms one side and then go to the other side and still can't touch hands.
Tree is huge and 150' high if it falls toward our home it will take out a 1/4 0f our home. If I use some calculations i can cut the tree down.
Was were told the tree would be at LEAST $4k to cut this tree down.
Heck I can cut it down. They told me that it may leant to hit out house and the new extension we put on. I wish I will have a ne Tractor to help out. I will use a rope and calculate how high to put the rope on the tree to fell it. So now to get the rope put upper will then put a tree rope around the maybe 16' up. Then to a PUPPLE that is conned to a nice strong OAK tree. After the rope going through the pulley it will be attached too our 2005 Nissan Frontier 44 Truck. We will be pulling and trying to drop this tree the OPPISIT way that it would natural FALL.
Being that the tree is a DEAD PINE there is no idea where it will break or fall, We are just going to try to get it go our way. That is another reason for having a good tractors to help felling trees and then the cleanup.
will send pics tomorrow if I accomplish this tusk,
OH BOY do Jill and I Have the work to do.
God Bless say a prayer for us.
Thanks
Len & Jill

I am so tired. I know how Joe Brandon feels after studding for {8)days for a Debate.

Last edited:
I had a used bobcat ct445. 45 horse four wheel drive with a 7’ bobcat backhoe. Semi quick detach set up. I upgraded to a new ct450 and a wallenstein 9’ backhoe quick detach set up. I used the tractor for setting Lp tanks and digging lines and food plots grading driveway. Tractor backhoe is not great for digging holes you can’t swing the dirt anywhere but for trenching it worked ok. I think that it would lift just over 2k but better have fluid in tires it’s very light in the rear. I sold that to get a bigger one with cab and jump seat. Went with a new holland 75 horse and regretted it. Too big for yard work and the bobcat hydro controls were nicer than the n.h. shuttle shift. Got rid of that one too for a cat track skid steer. Definitely miss the bobcat tractor.
A friend of mine has a Massey Ferguson 50 horse 4x4 tractor that he ordered as a package deal. It has the backhoe attachment and is gear driven. He hauls round bales with the bucket and the hoe is the counter balance.

No would not get a Skid Steer. I worked with Earth Moving machines since 1971. Getting a Tire Machine.
This is a picture of our machine from years ago. Now it doesn't look the same and this is a China Built Tractor with 1950 technology. They give you a Tool Box with it when you buy it and you can fix most everything in the field with it. Just like if you lived in China back Country and have no access to a Shop to fix if it breaks down. This is a Jinma 354 with a 35HP and FEL & BH
I recently ran a NEWER Tractor with AUTO everything. Big difference from a Manual Shifter.
These are pics from our new Tractor from maybe 10-+ years ago. I did a lot of upgrades since then---BUT there is an engine oil leak and has to have the tractor "Split in half" to fix. I have all the instructions to fix a $4.00 Gasket leak.
That’s the perfect size for me at our farm.
Wish you were closer

I second the Bobcat CT450. I bought this in 2008 to assist with timberframing my barn. It's still going strong and I have beaten it like a rented mule. Not because I dislike it. I love it! I just ask it to pick up very heavy things and haul trees and stuff through the woods way too often. Plus, if you bungee a running chainsaw to the fork you can trim trees along the driveway. Rear wheels are filled and the trashcan in the hitch is filled with concrete.
As for how much it can lift, it picked a 2300lb log splitter off a tractor trailer, but that was right at it's limit.

Attachments

• IMG_3877.jpg
    IMG_3877.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 26
  • View recent photos.jpeg
    View recent photos.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6302.PNG
    IMG_6302.PNG
    111.1 KB · Views: 24
I second the Bobcat CT450. I bought this in 2008 to assist with timberframing my barn. It's still going strong and I have beaten it like a rented mule. Not because I dislike it. I love it! I just ask it to pick up very heavy things and haul trees and stuff through the woods way too often. Plus, if you bungee a running chainsaw to the fork you can trim trees along the driveway. Rear wheels are filled and the trashcan in the hitch is filled with concrete.
As for how much it can lift, it picked a 2300lb log splitter off a tractor trailer, but that was right at it's limit.
I do like the chainsaw attachment 😂

But that resale value. Not that it matters as I don’t sell Anything. But still…
I 2nd the Radials if you buy tires. I like firestones but to each his own.