Torque wrench reccomendations

There are charts for compensating the applied torque with different lubricants in the threads to achieve specific clamp loads. Doesn't even require a deep dive into fastener install torque to find one. Lock-Tite and similar thread lockers are not, IME, specifically mentioned on those charts since a thread locker is not classed as a thread lubricant.

However, my Lock-tite Design Manual (96/97 ed.) lists some K factor values on page 54. It doesn't list a lot of them and it doesn't list specifically those alloys used in firearms, but these will give y'all some idea:
MaterialOiledThread Locker
Steel0.150.14
Phosphate (Close to Parkerizing)0.130.11
Cadmium0.140.13
Zinc0.180.16
404 Stainless0.220.17
T-62620.170.29
Note that these values are based on the fasteners not being degreased before the application of the thread locker. Unfortunately, the values given for degreased first are even fewer:
MaterialDryThread Locker
Steel 0.200.20
Phosphate (Close to Parkerizing)0.240.14
Zinc0.170.15
(I have not listed all of the values in the chart since those omitted don't apply to firearms.)

Recall the basic formula for Torque T = KDF, where:
T = Torque
K = lubrication adjusting factor listed above
D = Nominal bolt or screw diameter
F = Clamp Force
A deeper dive will find info on also including the tensile strength of the parts in the assembly, but if you know what the mfg's torque spec is then it's just a little math to compensate for the thread locker.

I ended up with a FAT wrench more or less by accident. Unimpressed with it, a cheap tool. May as well have come from HF.

I trust companies who have made torque application the core of their business and not those who decided "hey, we ought to have a torque wrench too!" when they decided to make tools.
Both of my small torque value wrenches and both of my screw-driver type "torque wrenches" are CDI. Two of each because of one in SAE units and the other in metric units. These date back to my work in R&D of turbo's and a small displacement diesel engine. "About that tight" was never acceptable and the test systems were a hodge-podge of SAE and metric fasteners.
I'm sort of like you on the fat wrench. It's ample but not what I'd call high quality. The Felo driver that I mentioned is a quality tool. The only thing I don't like about it is you have to convert from metric but it comes with its own chart in the case for that. Mine starts at 26in/pounds and I'm getting ready to buy the next step down from that.

I use a Fat Wrench for ring and mount screws in the 15-25 in lb range and a Proto 1/4"dr. Wrench for the heavy torque on rings on pics that are 65" lbs and chassis action screws that are 50-65" lbs. Wish I would have purchase a Snap on when I could get good deals on there tools when I was working at a mine as a mechanic.

I use a Fat Wrench for ring and mount screws in the 15-25 in lb range and a Proto 1/4"dr. Wrench for the heavy torque on rings on pics that are 65" lbs and chassis action screws that are 50-65" lbs. Wish I would have purchase a Snap on when I could get good deals on there tools when I was working at a mine as a mechanic.
Just wave down the next Snap-On truck you see at a local garage. They are willing to sell to anyone. I use my cousins garage when I need replacement tools or something new. I would not hesitate to look at their used tools also. Trade ins, repose, or consignment sales.

Can also buy new off of their web page and I have found some of their p/n's on Amazon. Have yet to see a significant price difference, but free shipping.......