Torque wrench reccomendations

You're on the right path. My shooting completely changed when I started torquing all the screws and bolts to factory specs. I just have the Wheeler, and a cheap Tekton or something like that, it goes up to like 120 inch pounds. I'm certain there are better tools out there, but no more than I use them, they fit my need.

turning just right GIF by Snap-on Tools

I have the "RIFLE AND OPTICS TOOLKIT WITH ALL-IN-ONE TORQUE DRIVER"
It would be considered non ratcheting. I also picked up a 15# and 25# torque limiter

Be sure to store it "unloaded".
While I get the ease of use of clickers and own a couple myself, I prefer beam type wrenches because they are always "unloaded" and it is easy to tell when they've had a zero shift. It is also easy to correct any zero shift back to actual zero.

While I get the ease of use of clickers and own a couple myself, I prefer beam type wrenches because they are always "unloaded" and it is easy to tell when they've had a zero shift. It is also easy to correct any zero shift back to actual zero.
I think no one here is talking about the same thing.
I'm not aware of a split beams that goes to inch lbs.

That said, for regular fasteners, I would agree with you. A flex head split beam is diverse. I have CDI non snap on myself.

For this post though, proto, CDI, and a bunch of others make a driver clicker. They basically look like the wheeler but actually are accurate and consistent.

I only mentioned my icon micrometer clicker because it goes down to 40, which is good for action screws.

Recent Posts