Tikka ranch rifles?

DDB TX

Been several threads lately about the short barreled "ranch" style bolt guns, like the Ruger American Ranch and the Howa Mini 1500. Anyone know anything about these Tikka ranch rifles? The T3x Roughtech Ranch series looks pretty interesting, 16", threaded, in 5.56, 308 and 350 Legend.

Thanks, memtb, sound wisdom as usual. Hope the fire are leaving you and yours alone, none over here by Afton thank Goodness.
The new Tikka Roughneck Ranch 16" in .308 with threaded barrel may well solve many problems for me. From downloaded subsonics for close in, to medium range supersonic 308 caliber effectiveness. I do love my old 2011 300 WSM T3Lite. Seems like those "Finlanders" (as they used to say up by Ely, MN) are keeping their standards up.

Thanks, memtb, sound wisdom as usual. Hope the fire are leaving you and yours alone, none over here by Afton thank Goodness.
The new Tikka Roughneck Ranch 16" in .308 with threaded barrel may well solve many problems for me. From downloaded subsonics for close in, to medium range supersonic 308 caliber effectiveness. I do love my old 2011 300 WSM T3Lite. Seems like those "Finlanders" (as they used to say up by Ely, MN) are keeping their standards up.

Thank You for the Well Wishes and the compliment! 🙂

Pertaining to the fire (s), we're pretty safe at our location……we're blessed or cursed depending upon your prospective with nothing to burn. 😁 Pretty desolate in these parts! 😉 memtb

Thank You for the Well Wishes and the compliment! 🙂

Pertaining to the fire (s), we're pretty safe at our location……we're blessed or cursed depending upon your prospective with nothing to burn. 😁 Pretty desolate in these parts! 😉 memtb
Desert hermit ! 😆
I like my two Tikkas but had an issue with the T3X 300 WM last Monday. Had a nice 6x6 bull at 85 yards. I couldn't get the safety off ! 😳 The bolt was lifted . All Tikkas halve about half inch lift in bolt when safety is on. I checked my T3 Lite and buddy checked his T3X. The safety pushes off easily when bolt if lifted as far as you can get it while on safety. I found later if I pushed safety really hard when bolt lifted up I could get safety off. I worked it off and on while lifted for awhile. A lot better. By the way, it was last day of season. At least 100 elk in that herd. Twelve 5 and 6 pt. bull's and some raghorns. Two days later whitetail hunting same spot the came in again in the morning. I was in a different spot. I could of shot the big herd bull at 50 yards. 🙄
I have some great videos my buddy took. One I cow called the heard bull to edge of trees. 50 yards. 2 days after season...
I told basic story to memtb. Sorry for hijacking thread !
DDB TX,
I'd still go with the Tikka. My Vangaurds/Howa are more accurate than my Tikka's though and I like the new Rugers a lot.