• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Tikka CTR .223

just browsing

Probably a long shot but looking for a factory 24" CTR .223. May consider Varmint, Super Varmint, or Tactical as well. Not currently interested in "builds" or other calibers… just want a straight factory Tikka .223.

UPDATE: Purchased a Super Varmint 223 through Bud's and it came with a magnum bolt 🙄 So as of now, still looking until that gets sorted out.

Let me know what you got!

Last edited:
Bump. Bud's sold me a Super Varmint 223 with a MAGNUM bolt. Still looking for one!

167F3A41-3758-44E1-9617-2ED84A4F61D4.jpeg

Does Buds have a storefront? I just showed my kid how to run the bolt release on a Tikka. Someone took home a 300wsm with a 223 bolt.
No idea but probably a good call. Apparently Tikka ran the serial number and confirmed that it was shipped in "factory new" condition straight to Bud's. Tikka bolts are serialized to match the receivers too, so I'm not really sure how it could have been missed.

Either that or someone got tired of looking for a 223 bolt and swapped it out on purpose.

Regardless, I'm glad I caught it before I put my face or someone else's in danger. Needless to say I'm not happy.

Keep the bolt and chamber it for 223wsm 😳.
But seriously. Good catch.
Thought about it and would be happy to keep the mag bolt, but Berretta is demanding the whole rifle be shipped back to see what happened and before they try and resolve the issue. Naturally.

I guess I would rather a completely new gun anyway with matching bolt and receiver, but I won't sit here and pretend to be mad if they sent both back.