Tick Season!

Muddyboots

So TRUE! Asked wife to check and NOPE!

IMG_4439.jpeg

Ticks were the single biggest reason that I stopped bowhunting here on Long Island. You couldn't walk 20ft into the woods without picking up a load of them. I was spraying my camo with a ton of Permethrin (sp) but eventually came to the conclusion that spraying poison on myself, on a regular basis, may be more hazardous than Lyme disease or any of the other nasty things that ticks carry.

Bringing harvested deer home that were LOADED with deer ticks also became a reason for concern.

Ticks were the single biggest reason that I stopped bowhunting here on Long Island. You couldn't walk 20ft into the woods without picking up a load of them. I was spraying my camo with a ton of Permethrin (sp) but eventually came to the conclusion that spraying poison on myself, on a regular basis, may be more hazardous than Lyme disease or any of the other nasty things that ticks carry.

Bringing harvested deer home that were LOADED with deer ticks also became a reason for concern.
You should see the ticks on a Cape buffalo - their scrotum is covered with them.