Thoughts on 33 XC on Defiance anTi x action

pops1

I have two defiance anTi x actions with the lapua bolt face. Thinking about screwing 33 xc barrels on them. I am concerned about using this size cartridge on a two lug remington 700 based action. The build would be for a hunting rifle. Any thoughts on building a 33 xc on this type action. It would be a single shot.

I am concerned about using this size cartridge on a two lug remington 700 based action.

Sort of superfluous considering 10's of thousands of us have used this style 2-lug action design for several decades with the Lapua.

It would be a single shot.

A solid bottom on an ultralight action seems counter productive. Personally I would call Jim Borden and discuss this project with a real master of action designs. Skip Defiance.

https://bordenrifles.com/

Enjoy the search!

:)

Sort of superfluous considering 10's of thousands of us have used this style 2-lug action design for several decades with the Lapua.

A solid bottom on an ultralight action seems counter productive. Personally I would call Jim Borden and discuss this project with a real master of action designs. Skip Defiance.

https://bordenrifles.com/

Enjoy the search!

:)
Hes already got the actions,
I thought there was some problems with big cartridges in those Ti actions? not to mention lots of people building XC go to a larger action.
But my thoughts would be it'll fine also.

I feel solid bottom action is no heavier than a cut with a blind mag.

I have two defiance anTi x actions with the lapua bolt face. Thinking about screwing 33 xc barrels on them. I am concerned about using this size cartridge on a two lug remington 700 based action. The build would be for a hunting rifle. Any thoughts on building a 33 xc on this type action. It would be a single shot.
I have a Defiance Anti-X with LM bolt face. The action dies not have enough COAL t o take advantage of the .338 LM offering esp. with the heavy high BC bullets. The 33 XC requires even longer COAL than the LM. Unless you are going single shot. I built a .338 NMI on mine. Good luck!

I have a Defiance Anti-X with LM bolt face. The action dies not have enough COAL t o take advantage of the .338 LM offering esp. with the heavy high BC bullets. The 33 XC requires even longer COAL than the LM. Unless you are going single shot. I built a .338 NMI on mine. Good luck!
He's going to single load it. I don't think it's even possible to feed an XC case

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I called Defiance and they said no way. Putting my 338 lapua improved reamer in these two. Defiance said the action would work well on any lapua case.

Recent Posts