Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been reading LRH for about 2 yrs., like all the info.

11Bugles

I live in Northern New Mexico. Love to hunt and shoot, been a Reloder for 35yrs, just recently started to hone my skills to get a bit more accuracy from my work

Rifles I reload for are 270 win (my first) 243 win, 270 & 300 wsms'. The 300 wsm I want to use for longerange competition

Welcome. Since you've been reading for a while, I'm sure you know the lots of guys like the 300 WSM around here. Including me. I am using 65 gr of H4350 with a 185 Berger VLD right now. I hope to use it on a late winter cow hunt in Feb. next year.

I got lucky with that load for the 300 wsm one of the first loads I worked up, but that bullet is now discontinued so I am looking for a new load, maybe the new ELD-X or Barnes in 180gr

My favorite bullets in the WSM are probably the 180 Nosler BT and 180 Accubonds. They shoot same POI in my rifle and I have been able to use them interchangeably.

Any idea why Tikka made that rifle 1-11" twist? Winchester developed it with 1-10"
IMO it is because Europe doesn't really shoot heavy for caliber bullets. Don't think much of the shooting is really long range over there. But lots of guys shoot the 200 gr. bullets from an 11 twist. My understanding is you just loose some BC.

Yeah, I shot 200gr Accubonds from it but it would only group well at about what the book told me was maybe 2800 fps

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.