Texas Hot Links.

BEEMAN

Not sure why I've never looked into this section of the forum before! Couple pictures of some Texas hot links I made this winter. One package left. Then it's time to make more. I like it in jambalaya and red beans and rice. Not bad for a Canadian Eh!

Attachments

• 0D03B6C5-1E67-4261-BE5F-82878F8FB35C.jpeg
    0D03B6C5-1E67-4261-BE5F-82878F8FB35C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • F19D1A94-B011-4AAF-BC46-A7E2F18A7980.jpeg
    F19D1A94-B011-4AAF-BC46-A7E2F18A7980.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Looks great!

I made a few batches myself in the spring- I like to do about 20lbs at a time. Then I smoke them for a few hours to get smoke flavor into them before chilling in an ice bath and vac sealing. They will hold for months like this if frozen. When ready to cook, just throw on the grill or smoker if doing other meats and bring up to 155F or so, and they're ready to chow down!

My "house" links are mild and garlicky, and my jalapeño cheddar are exactly what they sound like. I also do hot links that are all beef and heavy on the cayenne for a good spicy kick. Love seeing other people do them all over the globe- great for inspiration!

Last edited:
I made these with elk and pork. They definitely have a cayenne kick! To spicy for my wife.

jpfrog. Do you make the jalapeño cheddar with high temp cheese and jalapeño powder? Or regular cheddar cheese and fresh jalapeño?

This winter I want to make a batch of those and some boudin. I love getting down to hunt Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Only problem is all the weight I gain. Food is so good down there!

I made these with elk and pork. They definitely have a cayenne kick! To spicy for my wife.

jpfrog. Do you make the jalapeño cheddar with high temp cheese and jalapeño powder? Or regular cheddar cheese and fresh jalapeño?

This winter I want to make a batch of those and some boudin. I love getting down to hunt Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Only problem is all the weight I gain. Food is so good down there!
I use fresh jalapenos in mine...just run them through the grinder a couple at a time while grinding the meat. High temp cheese holds together better for that "studded" look and is quite good. I also use block sharp cheddar that I dice up myself- it melts but gives the sausage a creamy oozy texture that I actually like a lot. Personal preference really.

Not sure why I've never looked into this section of the forum before! Couple pictures of some Texas hot links I made this winter. One package left. Then it's time to make more. I like it in jambalaya and red beans and rice. Not bad for a Canadian Eh!
I was going to ask, where do I pick up a few, but too far to drive