Testing or research of R33 temp stability??

Mram10us

Many people keep repeating that Reloder33 is not temperature stable yet I have never seen any evidence or testing to prove this. I have shot it out of my 338 edge, 300 rum and 30-8mag with great accuracy in many environments and still shoots consistently. Can someone point me toward research or testing that proves this? I don't want to have to take a cooler and buttwarmer out to the range to figure this out :) Thanks guys

I think the testing you'll get is more along the lines of a sample size of 1.
Something like a mild load that provided a stiff bolt when it got hot or along those lines. I had a load in 6.5-300 wby that picked up 85 fps from 40*- 95*. That was when everyone was starting to run it I their 28 noslers so it dried up and I never went back. I'm getting away from the reloader powders because 22,26,33 all gave pressure spikes when heated up. Theres too many stable powders out there to chase alliant demons.

I use it in a 257 Weatherby with 115 Bergers. It is my go to coues wt rifle. I happened to chronographed it at 40 and 60 degrees. The difference in this rifle was 7 fps which might not be significant as I only chrono'ed a few shots at each temperature. If correct that would make it .35 fps per degree.

I use quite a bit, the ONLY time I had issue was at a max load and the temp was in the 105f range and I had a carbon ring issue. I think the carbon ring was the issue.
I had same issue with US869, my 338 Edge had issues from day one with a too tight chamber & chamber neck/throat. Had to run a different reamer in to fix the issues.

Anyway, have used RE33 in 264WM, 270 Bee & 300WM without issue, so not sure if it is too temp sensitive or not. I also use a lot of RE25 and it's no where near as temp sensitive as the interwebs would lead you to believe.

Cheers.

I use it in my 338 lapua , I don't see a problem with it . I've read the temp fluctuation , and how dirty it is , I don't see it . the powder is dirty if you don't bring the pressure up . I have taken it out testing in the cold , but I don't remember how much it changed . it must not have been earth shattering or I would have remembered .

it can be hard to find , so maybe I should say do not use it'll make your bullets fly backwards . this goes for RL26 too . terrible , rotten , good for nuthin . drop it off and I'll get rid of it for you .

Thanks guys. Really looking for data from testing to show me numbers of what to expect.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.