Team Hammer in Africa 2024

Yesterday was a good first day. Nobody connected on an animal although everyone got on a stalk and came close to being able to drop the Hammer. Hopefully today we will break the ice. Tyler was about 2 seconds from closing the deal on his female cape buffalo. Just set his rifle into the sticks and cross hairs setting onto her chest and the herd blew up. It was very exciting. Everyone one else also had the experience of getting rifle into the sticks only to have the wrong animal or something happen at just the wrong time.

Jill and I will be headed for a neighboring ranch, that is seeing some big kudu, in hopes to get her kudu this morning. Shaun and Brenda are headed to the mountains also for kudu and Tyler and Jeff will be starting the day here at the main lodge for whatever is on their list that shows up. We will all meet up again at lunch to share stories and make plans for the evening hunt.

20240507_070025.jpg20240507_064834.jpg20240507_062452.jpg20240507_061940.jpg

Second day if hunting went very well. Brenda got a great trophy impala in the morning. Then in the afternoon Jeff got his zebra, Jill was able to make a great shot on her tsessebe and Tyler got his cape buffalo cow. Trying to pick a dry cow out of the herd was challenging. Then even after backing away after the shot for about an hr the herd was still there hanging around making it so that for the process of pictures and loading two of us had to stand guard with rifles. They did eventually pull away. Pretty great day. Today I will be going after my cape buffalo.

Check out the crock in the pond next to the lodge.IMG-20240508-WA0004.jpgIMG-20240508-WA0003.jpgIMG-20240508-WA0000.jpg20240508_192030.jpg20240508_164613.jpg20240508_134505.jpg

Day three was another great day, other than none of us were able to let a Hammer fly. All of us got out on stalks but got the slip each time. I did find three cape bulls that we will be trying to close the deal on today. Hopefully we can relocate them this morning.

For the guys who have been to Africa, what's it cost all said and done? Get your animals back home and everything. Say like a 5-6 animal plains game hunt.
Depends on what you hunt and do with taxidermy. Trophy Game Safari does packages that are very affordable. Their large package is about $8k for 7 animals and food and lodging. Airfare and taxidermy I would say you can be all in for $12-$15k and not skimp on anything. http://www.tgsafari.co.za/

Recent Posts