taylor swift is a genius

Regardless, she has made a Billion dollars doing her thing. Can any of us say that? While I cannot name a single song she has made, she is apparently quite talented

Typed a response and never hit send, but yesterday some of the wife's friends just got back from going clear to Europe to see her concert. Rewind back many moons ago when I was first married and my sister in law was obsessed with swift. In an attempt understand my sister in law I did a deep dive into her obsession with t swift. It's a running family joke we bonded over t swift and bacon.

My observations then and now:

Her backing is a genius that was built on the foundation pulling money from the most luceative demos there ever was. Taylor swift is the human embodiment of the greatest marketing strategy for millenial and old gen z women. The phenomenon of detached dad's that compensated for being at work or the divorce with buying things for their daughters ended up being a massive goldmine. Early genius was to capture all the teenage angst of the adolesce breakup, move to the shake it off years and now the proud liberated women stage.

Turns out the tsunami of Millenial women who made bade love choices, rejected traditional marital progression and are now strong independent cat ladies who provided decades of massive ticket and album sales. My wife's peer group at work is mostly highly productive single (and slightly bitter) professional upper middle class women.... all of which have spent thousands of dollars to fly to see t. Swift.

Its kinda wild to watch.

Out of curiosity called the sil to see if she was going to jump on the mania as she was a fan way back... her reply made me proud. "I stopped dating looser's who charmed without character, married a good hardworking man and have beautiful kids with him. Her songs don't really speak to me anymore....". Running joke with the wife is, emotionally connect with your daughter. Raise her with full view of what healthy masculinity is, and she will marry a man like you... decades of vapid breakup songs won't entice her, and you'll save 1200 dollars a ticket....

Tldr:

Taylor swift management developed the greatest multi faceted marketing strategy to keep the equivalent of beetle mania going targeting afluent wome for 15 years. Marketing majors should study it for decades.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240802_055951_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240802_055951_Facebook.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 28