Talk to me about SAUER rifles

Calvin45

Exactly what the title says

Does anyone here have any experience or anything to say good or bad about the SAUER series of rifles, the 100, 101, etc.

They seem like a very well made rifle for not a bad price actually, especially their adjustable trigger system that is NOT just another knockoff of the savage accutrigger.

What say you? Any sauer shooters on here?

I liked my 100. I have no complaints. Action is very smooth and very accurate. I believe the only issue was it was a 1-9 twist barrel in a 6.5 creed.
Oh good point I'm
Looking at specs now and see the .300 win is a 1:11 and the .223 is a 1:10 as well. That's a point against in my book but still not a dealbreaker I suppose.

I have a friend that has a 100, and he loves it. I have shot it and its an awesome rifle. I would not hesitate at buying one but i never see them in the stores i shop at.
I've never actually seen one in person either which seemed so odd to me…anyway reason I ask here is I'm currently the supervisor of the sporting goods department at the store I work at haha…and made an executive decision (though I am not an executive) to order some of these in to sell in the store…one of our suppliers was running a pretty good sale on them and, well, I'm curious.

If the customers don't end up buying them I'll probably buy one, heck maybe two! 🤣

I've never actually seen one in person either which seemed so odd to me…anyway reason I ask here is I'm currently the supervisor of the sporting goods department at the store I work at haha…and made an executive decision (though I am not an executive) to order some of these in to sell in the store…one of our suppliers was running a pretty good sale on them and, well, I'm curious.

If the customers don't end up buying them I'll probably buy one, heck maybe two! 🤣
Thats funny! My buddy has a 243 and its just an awesome shooting rifle! Hopefully you make some sales, and hopefully everyone likes them!

I have a model 100 in 9.3X62. I would definitely own more. Smooth action, good trigger, looks good & plenty accurate with the factory ammo I've shot through it (Hornady & PPU). I haven't hand loaded for this one yet. I don't care for the plastic magazine, works fine but I prefer all metal.

I consider the Sigs throw away guns, when the barrel is shot out, you dump it. Have you Ever heard of anyone unscrewing a barrel from a Sig Sauer? As the Sigs come from the factory, the ones that I have seen are very accurate.

When I buy a gun, I am buying a platform that consists of a stock, barrel, trigger group, action, and type of mounting system. That platform will be the foundation for a future build, and this is an investment when the factory barrel is shot out.

I consider the Sigs throw away guns, when the barrel is shot out, you dump it. Have you Ever heard of anyone unscrewing a barrel from a Sig Sauer? As the Sigs come from the factory, the ones that I have seen are very accurate.

When I buy a gun, I am buying a platform that consists of a stock, barrel, trigger group, action, and type of mounting system. That platform will be the foundation for a future build, and this is an investment when the factory barrel is shot out.

From what I've read the newer sauer 100 series rifles are screw-in type barrel to action union, not the typical European heat-pressed ones.

That being said, a rifle like this is indeed not something I'd be thinking of as something to do a build off of in the future but just to have it as it is.

If I ever do go down the rabbit hole of building from an action it'll be a savage 110 or a rem 700 or a tikka or Howa or…well you get the idea…🥴

From what I've read the newer sauer 100 series rifles are screw-in type barrel to action union, not the typical European heat-pressed ones.

That being said, a rifle like this is indeed not something I'd be thinking of as something to do a build off of in the future but just to have it as it is.

If I ever do go down the rabbit hole of building from an action it'll be a savage 110 or a rem 700 or a tikka or Howa or…well you get the idea…🥴
Calvin45 i believe vincemule may be confusing a Sig Sauer to a Sauer that we are talking about. Vincemule, we are discussing about JP Sauer rifles.

@Calvin45

JP Sauer and Sohn were founded in 1751 so they have a few years of firearms experience under their belt.

Sauer have produced some great innovative designs including the Sauer 90 also known as the Colt Sauer or Carl Gustaf M3000. This rifle had three rear camming locking lugs that engaged into three recesses in the receiver. It is probably the smoothest bolt action ever made.

The Sauer 202 was also innovative with its swap barrel feature and unusual tang mounted silent safety.

The 202 was superceded by the 404 which hasn't been a great success it appears. Maybe due to the decocking system and the alloy receiver.

Recently Sauer has released the 505 which goes back to a steel receiver and is cheaper than the 404.

The Sauer 101 has the pressed fit barrel and other than cosmetics it is the same rifle as the Mauser M12. These are the only centrefire rifles that I know of that use the press fit system.

As you mentioned Calvin the 100 does have a threaded receiver/barrel arrangement and it is basically the same rifle as the Mauser M18.

The early 100s did have a few issues but I believe they have long since been sorted.

The first Weatherby MkV rifles were made by Sauer I believe.

My wife and I own three Sauer 202 rifles and they are very accurate and a joy to use.