Tac Elite shooting left

Whisker Biscuit, drop away, whatever. To each his own, I don't judge. I just want to tell you my story and maybe it will help. Me and a buddy both have the elite and we both have your shoot to the left problem. What we figured out was that the rest was the problem. Not the arrow rest but the bow rest. If we shot with a caldwell field pod are arrows shot two inches left at forty and about four inches at sixty. I notice when he shot from that rest the bow tilted or I think they call it canted, to the left when he pulled the trigger. Pretty bad too. When we both shot with the trigger sticks tripod with a gun rest attached,and we both shot one inch groups at sixty.
By no means am I a bow expert though, just a hunter. Shoot straight and good luck...
I hope I helped....

Thanks for the tip, but when installing the scope to the bow, we used a sight bubble level and leveled it to the bow bubble level. When shooting the bow me and my bud watch each others bow bubble level to make sure its in the middle and were not canting the bow when we pull the the heavy trigger. It sure is good to know there is someone out there who knows so much and will let you know he thinks he knows so much. Thanks.....

I notice when he shot from that rest the bow tilted or I think they call it canted, to the left when he pulled the trigger.

the bow when we pull the the heavy trigger..

From a rest, pulling even the stock (PSE OEM) trigger should not cause bow to cant. If pulling the trigger is that hard, then something is wrong with trigger/hammer assembly.

For testing purposes, I have triggered my TAC 15 using a short length of light sewing thread. Point being, it takes very little force to trip dog paw that holds string release. The stock hammer is to heavy and hammer-spring is to strong (aka OverKill).

Most of us who are shooting the TAC crossbows for accuracy have gone with Timney Trigger's.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f108/pse-tac-15-15i-installing-timney-trigger-system-66938/

Besides a lighter and smoother trigger pull, the hammer weight and spring strength is reduced. Which makes for a quieter shot as is. But it also allows you to add shock absorbing material to hammer stop pin, and really quiet the shot down.

sp
there was a posting by len b that 1 degree at 100 yards = to 12 inches off center.
I put a level on my bow and it helped me a lot.

Thanks again for even more tips, but when I was referring to the heavy trigger pull of the Tac Elite, I was saying that the trigger pull weight is more than the deer rifle weights of two or three pounds that me and my buddy shoot. That's all. Thanks again...

sp
I got on u tube and looked up trigger for a ar 15, I took mine apart and deburred
it and added mole hair to quiet it down. I dropped my trigger pull from 7.5 to 2.5
lbs.I also use a hha scope rest and a cheek rest on the stock to keep me in line.
I hope this helps I had a time with mine at first. I even lost part of my index
finger but that another story.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.