super to trans to sub

Please read the article I linked above and you will see that this issue has been solved by CheyTac and they have a patent on it.
Their .408 419 gr bullet hit a target at 3800 yards. That is over 2 miles. It goes subsonic at about 2500 yards. The G1 BC of .949 remains constant over that entire range. Please note that you must have custom rifling to use this bullet.
Here is the link again:
Balanced Flight Projectile
I wouldn't worry to much about it. This is one of those places that if it isn't an easy answer then people don't want it a lot of the times. This is also a forum where people like mikerc really don't care about that particular subject, and that's fine.

There's other places that do, and that delve in ELR.

Secondly, the article is fine, but cheytac didn't "fix" anything. What they call balanced is just center of gravity in literally terms. Something that's been talked about for over a decade. Everything I said in my first post touches this.

Now, i didn't link this because most people don't appreciate such, but if you want a real paper on the subject, Jim Boatright has one on the matter that goes into more detail the shooter needs. I'm a shooter, not a scientist. Jim is a scientist and a shooter.

So here you go. This is the updated one. It was originally done in 2012. He's on sniperhides too, so there's more on the matter there.

They actually despin the projectile to match the linear velocity to the radial velocity. Their M200 rifle is rated the top dog by the military channel.
'Want to eradicate a target beyond the three-mile mark? The company says that when combined with its patented balanced-flight bullet and a ballistic calculator app, the rifle can deliver a direct hit at close to four miles.'
Maxim on M200

Recent Posts