Summer To Winter Rifle

lesvoth

Yesterday I was over at Dean's place. I'd sold an ARC Archimedes action to a fellow competitor. It was the action that I had had my 22" Bartlein 6.5 SAUM Carbon Wrapped barrel on. My 6mmBR Competition rifle is also built on an Archimedes action and it was time to create a winter gun out of a PRS rifle.

The 6mmBR barrel was screwed off the action. The scope removed. The bolt was completely disassembled to replace the standard bolt face with a magnum bolt face. The 6.5 SAUM barrel was screwed onto its second Archimedes action, headspace checked correctly, the scope was remounted and my Raptor 8 w/3" reflex was added.

While Dean was busy in Whiskey Creek's machine shop I slipped around to the side of the shop, spread out a mat and bore sighted the outfit at 100 yards. Satisfied I'd be able to puncture paper, I touched off some RL26 propelled 135 Hornady ATips at a little above 3000 feet per second.

Three adjusted shots got the holes in the center of the target. This took three tenths of right windage and one tenth of up elevation - in mils. That's a barrel switch from a 27.5" Bartlein Heavy Varmint 6mmBR that was almost exclusively shot with an ACE muzzle brake - except for two matches when it was shot with the AB Suppressor Raptor 8 can w/the same 3" Reflex attached - to a 22" Carbon Wrapped Bartlein in 6.5 SAUM.

I was thinking that was pretty impressive and was considerably relieved that it didn't take more messing around to zero. This was a testament to well made machinery threading barrels concentric with custom actions, BUT . . .

Dean came out of the open garage door, walked around the corner and said, "Have you got it boresighted yet?" When I told him I'd already zeroed it he looked confused - because he hadn't heard me shoot just around the corner of his (insulated) building with the garage door open! A 6.5 SAUM!

That's a testament to AB Suppressor's innovative suppression technology enveloped into a titanium tube screwed to the muzzle threads of a 22" barrel spitting 135 grain projectiles @ over 3000 feet per second!

The whole thing is just a wonderment . . . . Magic, even.
1728138551125.png
1728138551314.png