Subsonic .308 Load, testing flash hole diameter

I got to shoot my first sub loads, I have not enlarged the primer pocket though. 10.5 of Trail Boss had the best accuracy at 100 so I am going to load those with some fire formed brass. Intend on using them with my can for feral hogs so I do not need moa accuracy.

If I can figure out how to easily enlarge the flash hole I may try a few and compare.

Edit: Not that I consider that I have a flash hole reamer for .080, I will just use that. Not sure another .01 will matter (I really doubt it is worth the time for minute of pig accuracy).

Last edited:
I got to shoot my first sub loads, I have not enlarged the primer pocket though. 10.5 of Trail Boss had the best accuracy at 100 so I am going to load those with some fire formed brass. Intend on using them with my can for feral hogs so I do not need moa accuracy.

If I can figure out how to easily enlarge the flash hole I may try a few and compare.

Edit: Not that I consider that I have a flash hole reamer for .080, I will just use that. Not sure another .01 will matter (I really doubt it is worth the time for minute of pig accuracy).
.080 will be better than the "normal" primer hole but not amazing. I think it's worth doing.