Stuck Case in Chamber

DirtNap35

Went to range this morning and on the 7th round I had to force the bolt close a little. Well after firing I had a hard bolt lift, to were I had to yank on bolt to open. When I got the bolt opened I noticed my case was stuck in chamber. Got home and took cleaning rod and was able to gentle tap case out. After inspecting looks like my bolt face is damaged. The part missing is that the extractor? This is a terminus Kratos lite action.
90E562B7-6F1C-4185-A847-612A38D71E40.jpeg

That extractor looks like it just went By By. Did the casing show an Ejector flow imprint, If no flow into ejector hole, The extractor must just have broke, With no pressure problem to make it break.

I assume the pictures are of 2 different bolts since one shows an extractor?

Anyone else curious why there's so much brass on the bolt faces?

@bill123 It's a before and after picture. The load I've been running is into pressure but was not enough for me to worry about it. This could be why you are seeing brass on bolt face. After this experience I'll be backing charge down a little.

That extractor looks like it just went By By. Did the casing show an Ejector flow imprint, If no flow into ejector hole, The extractor must just have broke, With no pressure problem to make it break.
I definitely have pressure with the load but never concerned me. I've fired 300 rounds with this load and for some reason this one spiked on me and I had to yank on bolt to open it. Guessing this caused the extractor to break.

You a real pressure problem when there is that much brass on the bolt face.
Yeah I know I'm into pressure but I've ran this load for over 300 rounds and never had any issues that concerned me. But yes after this I will back it down a little. This load shot so good which was why I was ok with the pressure I was seeing.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you had more than a little tightness closing the bolt, this is most likely why the case stuck, the extractor broke forcing the round into the chamber…
Anyway, what you say about pressure is incorrect. It doesn't just spike like that.

Cheers.

Recent Posts