Straight jacket armory?

I bought a barreled action from a user on here. 300 sherman short. Never had been shot. Barreled and threaded on by SJA. I'll be receiving my stock in the next week. But come to find out when I went to load development/fire form brass the bolt was a standard bolt face and not the magnum face. So in that case, who's wrong, no one will admit to either side, it should never have left a smith with the wrong bolt face!! , the seller will claim it shipped straight from the smith, the smith will deny it whether he's a new owner or not, because a close friend confronted the individuals to no avail.

I have had a 6gt, 6.5creed, 6bra and now 25 creed all have been absolute hammers. I couldn't be more satisfied. Both Nick and Cole are great to deal with and talk to on the phone. I wouldn't hesitate to send a friend or recommend them to anyone.

Dustin

I will say I have a pre new ownership sja rifle. Not happy at all with it.(chamber is ridiculously short barrel pressures out way early. Is that their fault or the barrel? Both is my take) Barrel is being pulled and replaced. Would I recommend them? No. I know a smith that has fixed 3 of their rifles that I know one of which that sja did twice, this other smith fixed it for the third and final time. Plenty of great smiths out there. Do they have rifles out there that hammer? Sure they do. Are they consistent? Time will tell. I truly feel for cole as he has an uphill battle in 3 ft of snow and 40mph head winds.
Dont know anything about this and it sounds like we should take a look. Was it a sherman by chance with a proof barrel?

I will say this, we have had other "smiths" fix stuff and it came out to be something simple but the other smith was slow and wanted some dough. Could this happen here? Maybe not but we stand by our work and make it right. I replace it if I cant fix it end of story. As humans we aren't prefect but those that understand tolerance stacking it happens.

Glad to know you can nitride, I struggled a few years ago finding someone who would do that. Nitride is the best for coating in my eyes for the bolt. Smooth as butter..
Nitride for sure. DO NOT let anyone cerakote a bolt, not unless you want a glue feel when it gets dirty. If we do cerakote an action we only do the exterior, and seal the inside including the raceways. I get mad as hell when I try and run a cerakoted bolt when dirty!

Any SJA fans wanna a killer deal on a 25sst barrel. Shoot me a pm
If you research Sherman and proof from a couple years ago there was a huge issue with bores and pressures. Hence the B spec reamer coming out and proof opening up bores a little. My guess is you had one of the pre- B spec jobs and now you are paying for it.

Research and you will see it was a huge problem

I will throw in my quick 2 cents in on this. I bought all my parts and two barrels for a switch rifle I wanted to build. I then left those parts with the previous owner and expected the rifle would be put together and sent my way in the next 6 months or so. At the 9 month mark I reached out and spoke with the former owner. He told me it was close. A few months later I reached out again. Similar response, and so on. When it hit the year and a 3 month mark I was a bit upset as the rifle was for my daughters 12th birthday. I had dropped all the parts off but 1 of the two barrels that was supposed to be coming in soon 1 year before and hadn't been able to get a good response from SJA.

It was around this time Cole took over and one call to him and it was resolved within a month. He was a pleasure to work. A month later I got my daughter's rifle and additional barrel from them. Cole actually through in some extras as well so I know he took a loss on the build. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them now Cole is in charge.

Quick side note, former owner is heck of a nice guy and treated me so well when I was on site with him. I think the issue was he just got too overwhelmed and needed help. No attack intended on Nick he is a great man, just had hard personal stuff happen and his business paid the price.

Will buy from SJA again for sure.
You havent sent me any groups yet! Are you sandbagging me or what hahaha! Lemme know how its shooting and I hope your girl loves it!

I bought a barreled action from a user on here. 300 sherman short. Never had been shot. Barreled and threaded on by SJA. I'll be receiving my stock in the next week. But come to find out when I went to load development/fire form brass the bolt was a standard bolt face and not the magnum face. So in that case, who's wrong, no one will admit to either side, it should never have left a smith with the wrong bolt face!! , the seller will claim it shipped straight from the smith, the smith will deny it whether he's a new owner or not, because a close friend confronted the individuals to no avail.
We have heard of a couple "Smiths" buying our barrels and screwing them on an action and calling it a barreled action. We have since started doing something unique to the barrels to let us know if it was just a barrel sent out or a barreled action. If you send me the serial of the action I can tell you in a few seconds if it was just a barrel or the whole thing. My guess is it was one of the smiths buying our barrels and upselling