Stove

I've used a jet boil for about the last 6 Years. Backpack trips and truck camping. It's never failed me. When it takes a dump I will go with MSR as jet boil doesn't really support hunting from what I've heard. Great product nonetheless.

IMG_8275.JPG IMG_8276.JPG Those jet boil's look pretty nifty. I've packed a MSR international all over the Americas, to me the flexibility of fuels (white gas, kerosene, gasoline) is a big feature. It's not an ultralight, but it's super reliable and is not dependent on LP canisters.

old school cool....

Wow, I had one of these long ago in the late 70's I used for hunting sheep, caribou, moose and griz while in Alaska. I also had the extra pump that I could attached. Best stove one the market, bar none. Do they still make this stove????? During our fist sheep hunt we ran out of whites gas the last day. After the super cubs picked us up out of the brooks range and drop us at Arctic Village to wait for the scheduled plane back to Fort Yukon then Fairbanks, I was rummaging thru the stuff on the airfield and found some white gas! Ho-ah! I tried one of the canister stove back then and they did not work.

Optimus still makes the Optimus Hiker stove with the attached lid.

With the advancement of stove technology, canister stove are much more advanced than they once were. JetBoil and MSR seem to be the top of the line canister stoves. They all work great! I prefer the MiniMo. I always worry about cold weather operations. Liquid fuel stoves always preformed better for me.

MSR makes international multi-fuel stoves models that can take multiple fuels. Like the Optimus 99, you didn't have to worry what liguid gas you use.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.