Stock options

Yeah I was torn between the HNT26 and XLR Element Magnesium.....ended up going with the XLR and it's great, but HNT26 will probably be the next one I try. I've got a 280AI with a relatively heavy 26" barrel in an MDT LSS XL so it's not too fun to tote around @ 11lbs, but it is a very, very nice shooting rig so it still gets carried quite a bit.

I do love that Game Warden 2.0 as a do it all stock. Grip is vertical but not pistol, raised comb, kind of carries like a sporter but also shoots fantastic prone for long range shots. Also love the looks of what Manners is doing with the LRH but haven't had the chance to try one. The chassis kool aid is strong, though! I'm having a hard time going back to my more traditional stocks.
Ha, I was torn between those two hunting chassis as well. I went for the HNT26Vand plan onnthe XLR next time LOL. what interests me of the XLR is the action bedding system. At least in theory while not as universal I think it will be more solid. It allows flat based actions which for me is a big plus as I can use a Bat Vampire action. I think it may end up as a top pick for hunting or an6thing where limiting weight is a requirement. I also like the strength from mono frame handguard of the XLR. I think I ammonoy going to know for sure using both for a season or two.

My observations of the game warden are much the same. It does many things well but is not so much to make it specific for one type. Jack of all master of none, which IMO for general hunting is likely the best option.

Well….. I found a good deal on a McMillan HTG so I bought it. Seems to be a good fit with the adjustable cheek riser. Not one I was originally looking at but it just seemed right. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by wondering off my original path.

Recent Posts