Stock Bedding

JMM1990

Hi everyone,
I am looking for some input on stock bedding. I am starting my first custom build and decided to try 7mm PRC. I have a zermatt arms origin long action with a 22'' proof research carbon barrel. I'm leaning towards getting a Mcmillan A-3 Stock. Mcmillan states that the stock is drop in ready, bedding not required. They use precision fit aluminum pillars. Does anyone have any pros or cons in regard to not also bedding the stock.

I have had rifles that shoot great without bedding, and some rifles that need bedding using McMillan stock. If you are using a GS and building the rifle I'd pay for bedding for sure. If it's a prefit barrel, put together in your garage, shoot it, if it does well and stays consistent on multiple range trips you're all set, if it doesn't, take it to get bedded.

I have had rifles that shoot great without bedding, and some rifles that need bedding using McMillan stock. If you are using a GS and building the rifle I'd pay for bedding for sure. If it's a prefit barrel, put together in your garage, shoot it, if it does well and stays consistent on multiple range trips you're all set, if it doesn't, take it to get bedded.
Good idea! Thanks for the advice

Recent Posts