Stippling a gun

Stumpknocker

So I got to reading up on this and was intrigued, so I got me a wood burner and ordered some stippling tip. Practiced on a couple A2 grips and started to feel comfortable so I grabbed a cheap truck gun and went to work. Think it turned out decent for my first gun job. Then I dove into one of my glocks and did it last night. Fun little projects I will be trying new tips soon

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 55
So I got to reading up on this and was intrigued, so I got me a wood burner and ordered some stippling tip. Practiced on a couple A2 grips and started to feel comfortable so I grabbed a cheap truck gun and went to work. Think it turned out decent for my first gun job. Then I dove into one of my glocks and did it last night. Fun little projects I will be trying new tips soon
How long did it take to do the Glock?

They won't slip out of your hands!
Nice job!

Looks like a job well done.

I will say this,unfortunately, it comes too late for yours.

I CC every day. RH OWB holster, usually against bare skin above the belt line and under an untucked shirt.

I have a few Glocks I carry. A G19X with standard grips and a G19 and a G42x. Both the latter have stippled grips.

If I could redo them, I would only stipple the outside (right side), front of grip, and where the thumb wraps around the inside (left side). The stippling on the left side against the skin is rough against the side. I had to take fine grit sandpaper and knock some of mine down.

You might want to try yours on and see if yours is comfortable before you start EDC with it.

Never heard of this Stippling?
Can you give more details on just exactly what you did. It looks great. Thanks
Soldering iron or woodburner amd uses a special tip. You are basically melting the plastic frame at the grips to gain additional texture to enhance friction for better grip and less slipping.

You missed a spot.....

That is as clean a job as I have seen, well done. I'll echo Lance and add that I sold both of the pistols I stippled that I carry and rebought them to get back to factory texture, it was awful against the skin and crazy hard on shirts. Even the factory texture on my 365 is hard on shirts. For competition/range/open carry guns the stippling is the way to go I think and yours looks super aggressive and excellent.

You missed a spot.....

That is as clean a job as I have seen, well done. I'll echo Lance and add that I sold both of the pistols I stippled that I carry and rebought them to get back to factory texture, it was awful against the skin and crazy hard on shirts. Even the factory texture on my 365 is hard on shirts. For competition/range/open carry guns the stippling is the way to go I think and yours looks super aggressive and excellent.
I carry a 365 in an iwb holster against the skin, and I recently sanded the left side of the grip down from the factory finish. Seemed easier than thickening up my skin I guess 😂

We might try this with our laser engraver. I need to find something to experiment on. Most of our Semi Auto Pistols have "Traction Grips" on. It is a thin textured custom fit to the frame. The inventor and owner lived not too far from us and we got Traction Grips for Pistols and ARs when he first started out in his garage. He sells them on Amazon and his website. Inexpensive and work great!
The OP did a really nice job on the Stippling.