Stick with my 6.5 Creedmoor or…….

I have toyed with the idea of jumping to a PRC. But it's just a tall order when I have a great 6.5 creedmore. Honestly for your distances it won't matter. Not in the slightest. I've taken several elk well over your ranges with mine. I wouldn't bother. Save the money and or go bigger like .30 cal something
This is what I'd be thinking too. 6.5 creedmoor and a .300 win mag or .300 prc would be one heck of a combo to hunt everything on this continent.

This is what I'd be thinking too. 6.5 creedmoor and a .300 win mag or .300 prc would be one heck of a combo to hunt everything on this continent.
That's exactly what I did. But a few years back I swapped up from my .300 win mag to a 30 Sherman. And both rifles are built as ultra lights identical. Except obviously short and long actions.

I currently have a 260 and a 6.5 CM with the 6.5 my hunting rifle. Getting 2850 fps with 140 Gamechangers and Superformance out of the 6.5 with no over pressure signs. Getting a second hunting rifle in either 6.5 PRC or 7 PRC. Picked those two calibers because I want to stay with a Bergara and I want it for Elk.

Leaning towards the 7 but would it be worth it to go 6.5 PRC, sell the 6.5 CM and just use one gun for everything and is the 6.5 PRC even worth getting with my current CM performance. And finally, I don't shoot beyond 400 yds.
Do you shoot factory ammo or reload? Is recoil an issue for you?

Given the calibers you listed, I'd go 7 PRC and shoot a mono since range isn't an issue for you.

I'm a .30 cal guy though. So my personal recommendation would be the number of calibers in .30 cal. Pretty hard to beat a 300 WM in my opinion. If recoil is an issue, you could get away with a .308 at your desired ranges. Lots and lots of choices of rifles and ammo in the .308 and 300 WM.

If you have a 260 too a 6.5CM is pretty redundant and then a 6.5PRC doesn't really have that much more gas than a Creedmoor, it just has a little more effective range is all. 7PRC actually steps it up. I just got one of the Bergara Sierras in it and it's **** nice for a factory rifle but I haven't shot it yet. They do put out some duds on occasion but they generally shoot and they seem to have good CS.
I had already planned to sell the 260, it was going to be my F-class gun but I've given up on that idea, now that I have moved back home to Montana more fun shooting varmints than targets :) The Bergara Sierra is exactly what I am wanting to get and it's looking like it will most likely be in 7mm PRC. My 6.5 CM is a Wilderness Terrain and I love it.

Do you shoot factory ammo or reload? Is recoil an issue for you?

Given the calibers you listed, I'd go 7 PRC and shoot a mono since range isn't an issue for you.

I'm a .30 cal guy though. So my personal recommendation would be the number of calibers in .30 cal. Pretty hard to beat a 300 WM in my opinion. If recoil is an issue, you could get away with a .308 at your desired ranges. Lots and lots of choices of rifles and ammo in the .308 and 300 WM.
Recoil no issue and been reloading for 45 years. I grew up on Rogers Pass and live in Augusta now.

I had already planned to sell the 260, it was going to be my F-class gun but I've given up on that idea, now that I have moved back home to Montana more fun shooting varmints than targets :) The Bergara Sierra is exactly what I am wanting to get and it's looking like it will most likely be in 7mm PRC. My 6.5 CM is a Wilderness Terrain and I love it.

It seems to be a nice rifle as long as it shoots, I had wanted another Seekins PH2 but they've been barely trickling out in 7PRC and sell out instantly or are pre sold and I didn't feel like waiting anymore so I impluse bought the Bergara. I ordered the optic, rail, and rings this weekend so hopefully later this week I can take it to the range.

I thought the stock was going to be its short coming since Bergara told me it doesn't have pillars or a block but it does indeed have pillars and its very solid and has a nice feel to it. It doesn't seem like a typical polymer stock and also doesn't have a hollow sound so I'm guessing it's reinforced with some sort of fiber or something. I think it's going to be a popular model, all of the distributors sold out of the 7PRC in two days on the initial batch last week and I think the 6.5PRC's were sold out too. The Creedmoors were still available though as of Friday when I looked.

Just had a look at the Bergara website - very nice looking rifle!

The Bergara Sierra is a nice looking Rifle, I have a 7mm PRC still haven't decided on if I like it versus my 6.5 Creedmoors, and my 300 win mags, have a semi-auto and bolt gun in each of these. One of my Creedmoors is a Bergara HMR, it is one of my favorite shooters. I don't think you can go wrong with the Bergara you picked in 7mm PRC. I was looking for a 7mm Weatherby, but the factory twist rate wasn't what I was looking for, so picked up a 7mm PRC past September haven't reloaded for it yet.

That's a good deal, if it had been posted a week earlier it would be mine. It got posted the day my Bergara got delivered though.

I would just do the 7prc. I'm pushing a 140 vld out of a 6.5 creedmoor at 2925 with small primer lapua brass and H4350 with no pressure signs.

Recent Posts