Steiner preadtor 8 or Swaro z6

bomooneyham

I am looking for a scope for a hunting rifle. I live in the south and generally shoot from 50 yards to 400 yards. I do have an elk hunt planned for the upcoming season out west. I was considering a steiner predator 8 3-24 or a swaro z6 3x18. I like the idea of the ballistic turrets on both scopes due to the varying ranges I hunt. My price tag is around 2k. Open to suggestions.

I have a predator 8 2-16x. Glass is fantastic and love the overall build quality/illumination is great. The eyebox is a little more finicky in my experience than some of my other scopes but it hasn't bothered me enough to ditch it. The instructions on setting up the ballistic turret are not great but Steiner customer service is awesome and they'll walk you through any questions if they come up.

I have a predator 8 2-16x. Glass is fantastic and love the overall build quality/illumination is great. The eyebox is a little more finicky in my experience than some of my other scopes but it hasn't bothered me enough to ditch it. The instructions on setting up the ballistic turret are not great but Steiner customer service is awesome and they'll walk you through any questions if they come up.
I don't have a dealer that carries steiner close to me and was wondering about glass, fit/finish and illumination. Thanks for the reply and input.